Thread: Xine Crashing (VDPAU Backend)

Beans

Xine Crashing (VDPAU Backend)

I recently purchased a copy of G.I. Joe: Retaliation to watch on my computer using the Xine video player. However, I have run into an irritating snag. Everytime I try to run Xine, it keeps crashing. I've searched the other records of Xine crashing for others at this site, but found nothing to fit my particular situation. To understand what I'm dealing with, I am enclosing the record of an attempt I made to run Xine through a terminal window.

and003@Tiger-Ubuntu-MS-7309:~$ xine
    This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.7.
    (c) 2000-2010 The xine Team.
    Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nouveau.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    vo_vdpau: Can't create vdp device : No vdpau implementation.
    X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
    Major opcode of failed request: 149 (XVideo)
    Minor opcode of failed request: 17 ()
    Serial number of failed request: 2620
    Current serial number in output stream: 2620
    and003@Tiger-Ubuntu-MS-7309:~$

Beans

Re: Xine Crashing (VDPAU Backend)

open xine > settings > setup (or alt+s on xine window), & pick another video output driver as in screen, try xv or opengl2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    open xine > settings > setup (or alt+s on xine window), & pick another video output driver as in screen, try xv or opengl2
    I'd do that, but everytime I tried to open Xine, it crashed, leading to the output you saw in my post. As such, it doesn't stay open long enough for me to change the settings. Not that it matters now, because the problem appears to have ended. I tried opening Xine today and it didn't crash. I'm not sure how it happened, but the problem apparently disappeared after my most recent Ubuntu operating system update. Even so, I'd like to know what to do if this somehow happens again.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by and003 View Post
    I'd do that, but everytime I tried to open Xine, it crashed, leading to the output you saw in my post. As such, it doesn't stay open long enough for me to change the settings. Not that it matters now, because the problem appears to have ended. I tried opening Xine today and it didn't crash. I'm not sure how it happened, but the problem apparently disappeared after my most recent Ubuntu operating system update. Even so, I'd like to know what to do if this somehow happens again.
    Well if it was something that could be fixed in xine's pref's & it wouldn't stay open, ect. then
    Code:
    gedit ~/.xine/config