Thread: difficult to add screenshots (or any attachment

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: can't upload screend shot "upload failed"

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    All the time?

Sometimes?

Worked ok here - do you have the Enhanced Attachement Uploading option turned on?

It just started today here on an fully upgraded (I left this post also in Ubuntu+1) saucy i386 on my Sandybridge B75MA-P45. I was finally able to post screenshot after 3 times (on that machine in Ubuntu+1 subforums. Let me try this machine:

..ok.. I just tired it with a Maveric install on another machine and it's completely busted, Will not allow screenshot and does not give any notification.

Beans
    Distro

Re: difficult to add screenshots

Here goes with Raring install.

Ok.. with Raring it shot up the first time (on B75MA-P45). Must be some serious saucy bug or FF bug.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    Here goes with Raring install.

Ok.. with Raring it shot up the first time (on B75MA-P45). Must be some serious saucy bug or FF bug.
    To me it's somewhat a matter of timing, have same problem on 12.04, 13.04 & 13.10 installs, it's not everytime but more likely to happen than not.
    *haven't tried yet from a win 7 machine though with my one remaining linux machine apparently heading for a catastrophic failure I may have reason to try soon

Beans
    Distro

Ok.. here is a try with Saucy i386 using an ide hdd with processor overclocked to 4053 GHz on a 3.4GHz Intel.

edit .. ok .. this one took 2 tries.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Trying with the enhanced upload utility turned off.

Note: I must be doing something wrong, as it works the way it should no matter which method I try.

I'm running Chromium Version 28.0.1500.71 Ubuntu 13.10 (28.0.1500.71-0ubuntu3)

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    Trying with the enhanced upload utility turned off.

Note: I must be doing something wrong, as it works the way it should no matter which method I try.

I'm running Chromium Version 28.0.1500.71 Ubuntu 13.10 (28.0.1500.71-0ubuntu3)

ahem... and how do we turn the enhanced utility on?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Settings -> General Settings. Bottom of page = "Enhanced Attachment Uploading".

EDIT: by the way, some of these upload failures may be due to images exceeding the allowable size. For instance the original of the screenshot below was 1368x591, larger than the permissible 1024x768 for png images, and I got an upload failure. Resizing it to 1024x442 allowed me to attach it.

The failure of vbulletin to show a helpful message when you try to upload/attach an oversized image is - well - a failure. I'll look into it and see if we can do something about it. Don't hold your breath though.

settings.resized.png
    Last edited by coffeecat; September 4th, 2013 at 10:53 AM.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

"Trying with the enhanced upload utility turned off. "

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    The failure of vbulletin to show a helpful message when you try to upload/attach an oversized image is - well - a failure. I'll look into it and see if we can do something about it. Don't hold your breath though.
    Interesting finding. If an attachment upload fails and you hover your mouse over the orangey-pink exclamation mark icon, you get a failure message popup which is helpful for filetypes other than images. For images it was saying only, "Upload of file failed." Which is supremely unhelpful. I've changed this to, "Upload of file failed. Was your file larger than the permitted (1024x768 for images)?". Which will help only if people mouse-over the ! icon.

Those of you have had image upload failures: please test to see whether this was due to oversized images and check whether you can see the amended failure message.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

1. 71 kb no problem

2. 3.5 mb problem

3. 19 kb problem (To big 01.png)
    Last edited by xc3RnbFO8P; September 4th, 2013 at 11:34 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast