Thread: Another Starcraft II In WINE/Play On Linux problem thread

Beans

Another Starcraft II In WINE/Play On Linux problem thread

Failed to run a required program (Blizzard Setup) Error code: BLZPTS0000J
    DURING UPDATER

I am so tired now.
    I have been surfing forums for weeks, trying to solve this problem. I've installed several versions of wine, including the recommended (for WOL) 1.5.10. x86, through playonlinux.
    This is the last website I looked at:
    http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=20882

I always receive this error. I have gone through playonlinux's game list, and installed it from there, and also used the option to install a file from another directory. I install the game from cd, and it goes well until i'm ready to update, it goes to 100% and then shows this. I've installed the ie6 package, the dotnet40 package, and i had 2 seperate virtual drives WITH AND WITHOUT the plugin mono.
    and the DLL overrides in winecfg (set to WIN XP):
    dnsapi (bullitin)
    mshtml (native)

i had tested on one virtual drive where i manually browsed for the cd's installation, and another drive where i went into the gametab on playonlinux, and found starcraft. the manual way made sound problems for me, and the video would skip too fast in the installation window. i'm sure that can be fixed, but the other way did not create any installation problems. both arrive at the problem in the subject of this post. there's a link for the error code:
    (THIS IS THE ONE I RECEIVE: BLZPTS0000J)
    us.battle.net/support/en/article/BLZBNTBTS0000J

i've tried running S2Switcher from the support folder. I can't find the agent.exe anywhere in the recommended locations in other forum posts. ( wine .wine/drive_c/users/Public/Application\ Data/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.exe --nohttpauth )

i've tried installing it from the installation file available at battle.net, and i receive a different error, before installation even begins:
    "No installer data could be found. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support."
    i ignored the installer from battle.net method from here, because i felt one step closer just using the cd, with a full installation. the problem after i install with the cd, is the updater.
    I've also tried the echo 0 | sudo tee /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope command
    I even upgraded from ubuntu 12.04 to 12.10.

I doubt my hardware is the problem:
    Ubuntu x86_64 Linux, 3.5.0-39-generic, Ubuntu 12.10 quantal
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 945 Processor 800.000 MHz
    RAM 3953 MBytes
    1024mb memory video card (PNY NVIDIA GEFORCE GTS 250)

Can anyone help me? Thanks for reading..appreciated.
    Last edited by KELLOGGVOIDS; August 25th, 2013 at 05:16 PM.