Re: Ubuntu Logo Suggestion: Medicine Mask

i liked the osx version

=D>

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake

thankyou for all your kind words&oppinions, everyone

the font is jenkins v2.0...not sure if i got it in photoshop or in word....not opensource in any case....sry!!

I thought I'd reattatch my fav. mask, as I think many ppl miss this one on the first page, anyhow,
    cheers,
    N.

Last edited by archibald; March 27th, 2005 at 04:03 AM.

Beans

It is cool... but I must say I also like the current logo very much now I finally see what it is! 3 people in a circle holding hands. Anyways, maybe a nice mascotte or something?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

First off, let me say that this is the best user-contributed artwork I've seen on the forum so far.

I'd like the incorporation of the mask into ubuntu-artwork, but I don't see it replacing the current logo. I LOVE the current logo-- the simplicity and colors of it are fantastic. I'd like to see wallpapers based on these masks however. All of the masks you've posted are fantastic, and they'd all work incredibly as wallpapers, and they do follow in the African tradition very well.

If Ubuntu were to change their logo, it'd have to be something more abstract than any of these. Mask, sure, but less busy. It has to be easy to remember, yet simple enough to not distract from the product. That's one case I think KDE SERIOUSLY screwed up. Their artwork is so busy by default, and freakin Konqui!

No, I can't get over my hatred of Konqui. If there's a 12 step program, I'll join immediately.

Anyway, you do fantastic work, and I'd like to see this included, but I doubt it will replace anything.

Beans

The current logo is really fantastic, it shouldn't be changed. To tell the truth, that actually made me try Ubuntu at the first place. The pictures you presented are too complex and, as many have said, too busy.

I was very pleased with the greyscale mask, it's actually my background as I type this reply. You really must do something to text "UBUNTU" in Medicine-Mask-Background.jpg, the current state of it is "terrible". Btw, Medicine Mask 2.png is nice as well. Thank you!
    Linux user since -98, Ubuntu user since -04.

Beans

I love your work! Fantastic. The OS X -version was my favourite.

But, I think that they'd be better on wallpapers, not as actual logos.

Oh, and .svg-versions would be useful...

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake

thankyou, everyone! Really glad you all like it!
    I'll fix that ubuntu immediately, artnay, I must have had a little mishap importing it....
    okay, I've updated the original attachment....

Now I'd like to raise the question: what do y'all think I should DO with this stuff now??? Do you think I should send it to someone in the core ubuntu team, so that it would maybe get a more "official" character/might get included in something, or should I just leave it here in the forums unofficially for anyone to take who likes it....what do I do??? Push it? Drop it?

cheers, N.

PS: this last one's dedicated to kassetra, who told me the original was too complicated and started the whole redesign process, and panickedthumb, who flattered me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by archibald; March 28th, 2005 at 01:46 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake

So, what do y'all think I should DO with this stuff now??? Do you think I should send it to someone in the core ubuntu team, so that it would maybe get a more "official" character/might get included in something, or should I just leave it here in the forums unofficially for anyone to take who likes it....what do I do??? Push it? Drop it?

cheers, N.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by archibald
    Now I'd like to raise the question: what do y'all think I should DO with this stuff now??? Do you think I should send it to someone in the core ubuntu team, so that it would maybe get a more "official" character/might get included in something, or should I just leave it here in the forums unofficially for anyone to take who likes it....what do I do??? Push it? Drop it?

cheers, N.

PS: this last one's dedicated to kassetra, who told me the original was too complicated and started the whole redesign process, and panickedthumb, who flattered me
    Don't get me wrong! I *LOVE* the mask designs! They just don't fit well within an idea of a logo... but they are quite beautiful, and this latest one is now my desktop background!

I think you should put these backgrounds on gnome-look and maybe even email them to the Ubuntu team. I think they are great. I think many people would appreciate having your artwork as their background - whether they use ubuntu or not.

These images, while not-logo-like, are ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS, and could form the basis of more awesome african-inspired backgrounds and artwork. I personally would like to see red/brown themes to match these, and maybe even icons and such. They are beautiful!
    ??? :: ubuntu is my OS soul mate
    UDSF :: Forum Policies :: Unanswered Posts :: Ruby :: Donate
    official ubuntu member
    :: ??????? :: so say we all

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I love request
    It was a toughy. Hard to get friendly colors. I had to add a few styles to the gtkrc to get the diff widgets to have the diff colors and the Status bar isn't showing right. Either I haven't figured out the right way to get it to work or it's a clearlooks bug. I did get it to work with a ugly hack but I didn't want to crash anyones desktop, so the StatusBar is hard to read in some apps at this time. Comments welcome for improvement.

screenie
    http://home.houston.rr.com/bvc/Clearlooks-Mask.jpg

download
    http://home.houston.rr.com/bvc/gtk/C...ks-Mask.tar.gz

Also goes well with ubuntu-warm at gnome-look (down right now) and a few others... and even the default wallpaper, since it is dark.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast