Page 185 of 203 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2026

Thread: HOWTO: NTFS with read/write support using ntfs-3g (easy method)

Beans

Re: HOWTO: NTFS with read/write support using ntfs-3g (easy method)

edited-solved
    Last edited by karmy; July 28th, 2007 at 06:54 AM. Reason: solved

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

I used the ntfs-3g driver installed through Automatix and have managed to get RW support working for my main HD. However, when I rebooted my secondary HD (for backing up stuff) was unmounted so I used the Disk Mounter applet and remounted it. However, it still appears to be Read-Only.

Can anyone tell me how I can enable RW support on this drive? Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I'm having trouble force-mounting NTFS formatted USB-disks so I figured I'd upgrade ntfs-3g first. Downloaded version 1.710 and I keep getting the following error when running './configure':

Code:
    checking for FUSE_MODULE... configure: error: ntfs-3g requires FUSE >= 2.6.0. Please see http://fuse.sf.net/ or install __all__ FUSE packages (e.g. fuse, fuse-utils, libfuse, libfuse2, libfuse-dev) or remove already installed __older__ FUSE.
    Packages installed include:
    * fusecram
    * fuseiso
    * fusesmb
    * fuse-utils (2.6.3)
    * libfuse2 (2.6.3)
    * libfuse-dev (2.6.3)

This should be sufficient to compile ntfs-3g right? The ntfs-3g 1.328 package included in feisty even works, proving that fuse works.... even downloaded, compiled and installed fuse from source but that didn't make a difference. I'm running feisty AMD64.

Could somebody please help me to get this working?!?

Beans

Apologize for being total newbie-

I have a Dual boot WinXP and looking to quit Windows (hoping Ubunutu is the answer).

I have a motherboard based SATA RAID 0 array controlled by the BIOS (in windows Intel Application accelerator manages the array). NTFS of course.

I have been able to mount the array and view and access my files, but I would like full read/write/create/delete access. I've enabled the correct switch I think in my mount command.

sudo mount /dev/mapper/isw_bdhefjbhhc_NIMRODPRIME1 /media/RAID -o rw,uid=rick,gid=users

I tried installing the NTFS-3G package, but it doesn't seem to solve to problem. I get a strange error message, and in Ubuntu, when I run the application it detects the array, and asks for a "mount point". I am not sure what this is, but turns out it creates a folder in the /media folder. It won't let me access my files,

Here is where my newbie-ness really shines though - when I start up Ubuntu, I typically enter my mount command to enable my raid array (without write privs). Should I run the NTFS-3G program first, and then mount the array? I am thinking that I should probably learn a bit about how the OS works, but not sure where to turn to get this (the UBUNTU Help icon - well , that never really helps).

On a related topic - all my other drives have root as the owner, and I cannot delete any files (like the folder I created as a mount point that mocks me every time I up the /media folder). How do I change this so that users can have full privs?

Lastly, is there a way to automate the process of mounting my RAID - even if I can't get write privs to work, so that I don't have to enter the command after every restart?

Thanks!

RH

Beans

PLEASE Help !

I installed nfts-3g to mount my windows partition.
    after installation it worked great untill the next reboot.

since then it mounts my / as read-only.
    I can't edit fstab / mtab can't do nothing...
    how can I fix edit fstab when my FS is mounted as ro ?

Example:
    When trying 'sudo mount -a' I get:

unable to open fuse lock file
    Failed to open /etc/mtab: Read-Only file system
    FUSE mount point Falied

Beans

Angry Re: HOWTO: NTFS with read/write support using ntfs-3g (easy method)

Edit: Never mind, I managed to install packages from Gutsy. Everything's working just fine now.
    Last edited by haicongastudios; August 12th, 2007 at 07:38 PM.

Beans

Beans

Thanx

Beans

When I type in terminal sudo ntfs-config I can't select "Enable write support for internal device"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hey, i don't know if this has been answered, but

i'm trying to share a folder on an NTFS drive over Samba. The drive mounts and works fine with ntfs-3g, but when the share is accessed, the folder appears empty. Shared files on the ext3 partition, however, work fine.
    Thinkpad T61p: 15.4" WUXGA Screen, Core 2 Duo T9300, 4GB DDR2, 512MB Quadro 570M, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, DVD+RW, Intel 4965AGN+Bluetooth, 9 Cell Battery
    http://blog.zachtib.com

Page 185 of 203 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast