Thread: Terminal Customization in Ubuntu 12.04

Beans

Terminal Customization in Ubuntu 12.04

Hello.
    Well watched the Tron Legacy movie,it was great and top of it all the 3D quality.I liked the Console terminal at Flynn' s arcade where Sam Flynn used to get himself on the Grid.
    The Console read something as Solar OS 4.0.1 i386. Well since Solar OS actually does not exist is it possible to customize Ubuntu' s terminal ( 12.04) or download a terminal application to get the appearence of Flynn' s Console terminal?

Regards...

Sydney

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Terminal Customization in Ubuntu 12.04

Could you explain in a bit more detail what exactly you are looking for?

Based on a quick google search for images from the movie it looks like the terminal emulator is just a standard gnome-terminal, running on some older window manager and with just the standard bash as the shell. Is it the window border & GTK themes you are looking for, or perhaps the font used in the terminal?

Beans

Thanks for the Reply. Yes it is the window border & GTK themes Im interested in, you mentioned it right. Well I have googled it & after viewing certain images it seems it changes the entire desktop environment since Im interested in the Terminal shell only.

Well I await for a reply..........

Sydney

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Well, there really is no difference in the teminal's contents, or the application itself, to normal Bash & Gnome-terminal used in Ubuntu. Just change your terminal font & colors.

For the window manager, I'm not absolutely sure but based on the icon in the top-right corner I'd place my bets on TWM.

What comes to the GTK theme, it's really hard to say as they aren't showing much else than text in any of the screenshots. Any old-school single-color/high contrast theme would get you pretty close...