Thread: yet another username2

Beans

yet another username2

I did the steps to upgrade to SSO but I forgot that the mail in U1 was different from the one in UF.

My user in UF is mune http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=78108

As the address' were different a new account has been created: mune2.

Is still possible to unllink the account so I try with a different email in U1?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: yet another username2

I've disassociated this account - change the mail as u1 to the forum one and you should be able to login to your mune account.

Beans

I'm dumb, be kind dissociate it again as I locked the accounts as I did this morning.

Thank yu and forgive me: I'm a bad user

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I've disassociated the account again.

Beans

Still mune2

When I'm on UB1 I logged with the mune(at)email(dot)it mail address, but when I tryed to add add the one used in UF login.ubuntu.com it said:
    Code:
    Enter your email address, and we will send you instructions on how to confirm your account.

Email address             | mune72(at)tiscali(dot)it |                              Email already associated with account.
    I ignored it and tryied to login in UF; i've been redirect to login.ubuntu.com and I select my personal name and deselect the email address mune(at)email(dot)it, I returned in UF and it asked for a mail adress: I inserted the old one [ mune72(at)tiscali(dot)it ] but it said the it was already used (or something similar) and I was stopped there.

Where I do something wrong?

Third time: isn't it a record?

Thanks for your patiance.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Try now.

I've disassociated the mune account from launchpad as well as disassociating this one.

Beans

I pointed the broswer to login.ubuntu.com

I tried a login using my old UF mail mune72(at)tiscali(dot)it using both the UF password and the U1 one. I couldn't access the site, so I used mune(at)email(dot)it and U1 password; I logged in U1 and I tried to add mune72(at)tiscali(dot)it but it is keep saying that "Email already associated with account." as it was saying before launchpad dissociation.

Back to UF i press "Login with SSO".

It brings me back to login.ubuntu.com; I login with U1 uname and passwd, in following page i deselect the mail address and press to go on. UF complains that the openID provider didn't supplyed any mail and it asks me to give one: I give mune72(at)tiscali(dot)it but again it replyes the is already in use ("The email address you entered is already in use.").

I think it isn't so tough for everybody so that it means IT IS ME!!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

If your Ubuntu One account is saying your tiscali address is already associated with it, then that's fine. You can have several emails associated with your Ubuntu One account. However, in order for Ubuntu One to match with your old mune account, you must set your preferred email address in Ubuntu One to match the mune account, that is to be the tiscali one. Somewhere in manage email addresses in your Ubuntu One account will be an option to set the preferred email address.

The pre-login notice, and the linked sticky, both state this - the preferred email address in Ubuntu One must match.

I've disassociated mune2 from Ubuntu One again.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.