Thread: Samba4 Install Confusion

Beans

Samba4 Install Confusion

I'm sure that I can't be the only person who's experienced this, but I can find no reference anywhere to the issue.

I've tried over an extended time to install Samba4 on Ubuntu1304. I can happily do so by building it from source - it works just fine this way. However, I'd really rather use the standard packages, because that way I don't have to worry about upgrading it myself - the usual mechanisms will do it for me.

However, when I try to install the samba4 packages (samba4 and samba4-clients) I run into a problem. THe samba4 package installs OK, and reports itself (via samba -V) as version4. However, smbclient (via smbcleint -V) reports itself as v3.6.9 and doesn't interoperate correctly. I've checked that there aren't any samba packages installed before I start (dpkg --get-selecitons | grep samba), no sign there.

As I said, I can't believe I'm the only one who's had this problem. What am I missing ?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Samba4 Install Confusion

I have this problem on my Samba 4.0.9 server.
    Code:
    root@dc01:/samba-master# cd /
    root@dc01:/# samba -V
    Version 4.0.9
    root@dc01:/# smbclient -V
    Version 3.6.3
    Is there a way to just upgrade smbclient? Or any other way to fix this?
    What ya need my signature for? It's not like it's my last will, or something!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Samba4 Install Confusion

The client is renamed to smbclient4