Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: no brightness control with Fn key and rt & lt arrow keys.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: no brightness control with Fn key and rt & lt arrow keys.

I updated Linux-headers and 300+ other updates and that corrected the brightness problem. Still no fix or help in the WiFi problem. I searched the Internet and I still have not found a solution. I had to connect via ethernet cable to wireless router to update files. I presume that the WiFi problem has a solution. I tried using a WiFi dongle (Realteck chip) and it would not work either, so I feel that the problem is in the Operating System or associated files.

A couple of interesting hardware items: neither the CAPS ON or the NumLK have an indicator to let the user know if they have been toggled on or off. This laptop has LED indicators for both but the 725 netbook does not. It also does not have any indicator on the screen either.
    WhiteBoxComputer:GigabyteGA-A75-UD4H MB,AMD A6-3670 APU, 640GB HD, 16GB RAM, AcerAspireOneNetbook725 6GB RAM, 320GB HD :AcerOneNetbookAO150,1.5GB RAM,120GB HD,2GB RAM 320GB HD.Acer Aspire TimelineX 4820T Laptop-under repair, All Ubuntu 14.04.2LTS

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: no brightness control with Fn key and rt & lt arrow keys.

Glad to hear that the brightness issue is solved. I would suggest creating a new thread in the Networking section for your wireless problem. There are some really knowledgeable people there that can help. That way its not buried here in a thread about brightness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12