Thread: SVN Issue

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Angry SVN Issue

Hello,

A few days ago my server was taken down by a possible attack and since then ive experienced issues with my SVN.
    I have SVN installed on my windows PC and linked to the linux server, now when I try to update SVN on my PC following messages are returned :
    Message A) Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'svn://xxx.xx.xxx.xxx/mysite/trunk'
    No repository found in 'svn://xxx.xx.xxx.xxx/mysite/trunk'

OR

Message B) Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'svn://xxx.xx.xxx.xxx/mysite/trunk'
    Can't connect to host 'xxx.xx.xxx.xxx': No connection could be made because the
    target machine actively refused it.

Ive tried using following guide : http://www.everville.de/pages/howtos...rve/index.html
    With it i've stopped and started the svn, which in result didn't help.

Originally, before I have made changes to the server message B would be showing up. After I have followed the guide above, message A started showing up. I have made message B to come back after applying following line from the guide: start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --oknodo --exec /usr/bin/svnserve

How can this issue be resolve?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: SVN Issue

To fix this issue I had to do following steps:
    1. start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --oknodo --exec /usr/bin/svnserve - stop the server
    2. /usr/bin/svnserve -d -T -r /var/subversion/ - start the subversion. The folder i selected contains my repos.