Thread: MySQL Remote access PROBLEM

Beans

Exclamation MySQL Remote access PROBLEM

Hi,

I configured the MySQL on my Ubuntu server to access it remotely (I HAVE to access it remotely). Those basics configurations that we learn searching on the Google:

- I edited my.cnf and commented the skip-external-licking and bind-address: 127.0.0.1 lines;

- The port used is 3306;

- I restarted the MySQL;

- I opened this port with the command: sudo ufw allow 3306 (i'm not using iptables because i don't know how to use it );

- I configured my modem (SagemCom Modem F@st 2764) to forward the 3306 port correctly;
    PS: I configured my Apache and i can to access my PHPs pages normally, for this reason i think the problem is not the modem

- I tested the port using these sites that have this tool (one of them is http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/) and it returns that this port is open;

- So, i created a user for MySQL:
    CREATE USER 'user'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'my_pass';

- I granted the privileges to this user:
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON name_of_db.* TO 'user'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'my_pass';

- Locally (accessing the database with the local server IP) using the user created i access it successfully

- But, externally, using a MySQL client, i tried to access this database as the following:
    Host: 185.98.658.2 Port: 3306
    User: user
    Pass: my_pass
    Result: Can't connect to MySQL server on '185.98.658.2' (10061)

I did a simple PHP script to test it as the following:
    Host: 185.98.658.2:3306
    User: user Pass: my_pass
    Result: Can't connect to MySQL server on '185.98.658.2' (111)

I tried to access through a Android's app (Connect2SQL), and it returned:
    failed to connect to /185.98.658.2(port 3306) after 100000ms: isConnected failed: ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)

Well, i don't know more what can i do, somebody have any idea or suggestion? HELP ME!

Thanks a lot.

Beans

Re: MySQL Remote access PROBLEM

If the username is 'user'@'localhost' then that user can only connect over 127.0.0.1. Try creating another username with 'user'@'%' and see if that works.

I hate MySQL's whole authentication scheme with a passion. I use PostgreSQL for many reasons, one of which is its approach to user and database management.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

Re: MySQL Remote access PROBLEM

Thank you, it works!