Thread: moving recordings

Beans

moving recordings

Hi everyone. I moved ten recordings from the default storage group to /media/data to make move space in the default storage group. Unfortnately, when I try to watch them in Mythtv Frontend I receive an error message stating that the files in unavailable. I read some articles on the internet and claim you could move recordings between storage groups. What did I do wrong? Any assistance will be appreciated. deanie44

Beans

Re: moving recordings

You need to point MythTV to the new storage group. You need to set it up in mythtv-setup as a storage location or video location, you may also need to run the database on it after doing that (it should run by default). You need to move both files (.mpg & .png.mpg or whatever the picture is called) to get normal effect, but that isn't likely to fix the description. Not sure how to move that, but I do have a /Videos that is part of the storage I can view with MythTV as well as the more normal /mythtv/recordings.

Beans

Re: moving recordings

BCW142, Thank you for answering my post. I moved ten recordings from the default storage to another partition called data to free up space in the default storage group. How do I point MythTv to that partition. I am going to try to do it and i will tell you how it goes. Thanks anyway. deanie44