Thread: Switch user

Beans

Switch user

I am using Lubuntu 12.04 LTS on Dell Optiplex computer Pentium 3 Dual core 2Gb RAM 80Gb HDD. My problem is when I use 'Switch user' I cannot shutdown from that user. When I try to shutdown a popup tells me that someone else is also running and to input my password but the dropdown does not stay long enough on the screen for me to be able to put my password into it and consequently the machine will not shut down unless I switch if off from the on/off button. Is this a known bug or can someone give me some help to fix it . As an aside if I get one to 'Logout' and the other user to login from there it all works okay.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Switch user

Yeah, it's supposed to be like that. Imagine, using a Wiindows machine, you were in the middle of doing something on your account, but say your child needed to do a bit of research on the PC. You switch to their account, and when they were done, shuts down the PC, loosing all the work you did. On an Ubuntu machine, you won't have to worry. Ubuntu respects all users and will not shut down or restart untill everyone is logged out or if only one user, the current one, is logged in.
    You are such a sweetheart b-b-baby!

Beans

Re: Switch user

Thank you very for the explanation . I can see the logic behind that now .