Thread: Lost account recovery

xTQCAQ4 is offline Ubuntu Green Coffee Beans
    Beans

Lost account recovery

Hi Resolution Center

I tryed some time agow to recover my account and have messed it up I now log into an account named
    xTQCAQ4.

I think this was created because i did not match the gmail/googlemail account properly

I am not totally sure of the address used when I set up the forum account

I hope you can help me recover my old account

Profile address : http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1144777

Thanks Ibod

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: Lost account recovery

The email in the old account is a tiscali one, used when the account was set up in 2010. Does that help you to remember it, and can you still access it? That is, is it still an active email account.
    Ubuntu 15.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

xTQCAQ4 is offline Ubuntu Green Coffee Beans
    Beans

Hi

Thanks for such a prompt reply

Yes I know that old tiscally account and have logged in to it, it still works.

Do you need any other info ?

Thank Ibod

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

No, that's enough.

I've disassociated this forum account from Ubuntu One. What you now need to do is to set the tiscali email as the preferred one in your Ubuntu One account, log out of the forum and then log in again. If the tiscali account is not already listed in your Ubuntu One settings, you will probably have to go through some sort of verification. Once you're in the old account, pm me (you won't be able to post to this thread) and I'll disable the xTQCAQ4 account and release the googlemail address in case you need to re-use it for the old forum account.
    Ubuntu 15.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.