Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Now that the Ubuntu Edge has failed can we please stop with the mobile stuff?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Now that the Ubuntu Edge has failed can we please stop with the mobile stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by MadmanRB View Post
    Until now I am stuck with Ubuntu because of my hardware so I have to make my opinions known about how I feel this is going...
    its my hardware here and i really dont want to go back to windows.
    Your hardware won't run any distro besides Ubuntu? Fascinating. Sounds to me like you're stuck with crappy hardware more than you're stuck with Ubuntu.

Oh, wait, just a few days ago you wrote this:
    Quote Originally Posted by MadmanRB View Post
    Yeah I dont use Ubuntu anymore with good reason, its not shown any real improvement and really has become an eyesore.
    Cool, you aren't stuck with Ubuntu after all! Or, what happened?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Now that the Ubuntu Edge has failed can we please stop with the mobile stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by llanitedave View Post
    There's always rage going on when it comes to Ubuntu. Can't pretend to completely understand it.
    Yeah. It really is an amazing thing. It's pretty much been like this all along, or at least from the time I first heard about Ubuntu. And during all that time, it seems that Canonical has always come up with something different, something that people get all riled up about. Happens like clockwork. I wonder sometimes if it isn't some sort of marketing technique. Always gets people talking about Ubuntu, that's for sure. Can't wait to see what comes next.

As for "the mobile stuff," it really doesn't matter to me. If the operating system works here, I'll use it, or else I'll use something else. If I don't like the default stuff it ships with, I'll turn it off or install another DE/WM to use with it or whatever. No big deal. Just like when people used to complain so much about the default wallpaper -- the rest of us simply put in a different wallpaper and went on about our business. Or like when they complained about the window control buttons being moved to the other side. Sheesh.

If Ubuntu becomes something I really can't use here, hey, it's been a great run, I got a lot of good usage out of it over a number of years, and I appreciate all the hard work that people put into it. So, see ya. But I'm sure not gonna waste my time coming to these forums to complain about the direction Ubuntu's going in or whatever.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Man View Post
    This thread is deteriorating into a flame war, please read the CoC
    http://ubuntuforums.org/misc.php?do=showrules
    if it continues this thread will be closed.
    Thanks
    With all due respect, I feel the mods are being too lenient towards very, very, very obvious and consistent trolling by a few people.
    de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum -- Wiktionary

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by malspa View Post
    Your hardware won't run any distro besides Ubuntu? Fascinating. Sounds to me like you're stuck with crappy hardware more than you're stuck with Ubuntu.

Oh, wait, just a few days ago you wrote this:

Cool, you aren't stuck with Ubuntu after all! Or, what happened?
    Well the thing holding me back is my graphics card, everything else is fine, but that is my stickler for Ubuntu, it works with my graphics card while othersd have issues with it.
    I dont have money for a new card....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

This thread is just going in circles, everything has pretty much been said and it is just repeating so thread closed!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567