Thread: Looking to retreive my old account

Beans

Looking to retreive my old account

Sorry for bothering you guys, I know you guys must be going crazy ever since the incident happened. I created my Ubuntu forums account years ago, and to be honest I'm not sure which email account I used my best guess and signed in with SSO. I guess I was wrong, but I'm pretty unhappy with the forums taking my real name from the format of my email address I used to sign up.

Basically, would it be possible for one of the admins to PM me which email address my account used or at least give me the opportunity to chance my account name? The name of my old profile was AllRadioisDead.

Thanks,

Again sorry for the trouble.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: Looking to retreive my old account

I'm pretty unhappy with the forums taking my real name from the format of my email address I used to sign up.
    It took it from the account name, not the email, of the Ubuntu One account. Since you used an email unknown to the forum database, the system created a new forum account based on the Ubuntu One username, as per the sticky. Once we've sorted out your old account, I can replace the username on this account - which we'll disable - with a random string. We're always happy to replace a username that is a real name.

Basically, would it be possible for one of the admins to PM me which email address my account used or at least give me the opportunity to chance my account name? The name of my old profile was AllRadioisDead.
    Wrong way round! We need you to provide the email as a security check that you are the registrant of the old account. Besides, it wouldn't help you for the reasons described in the sticky. We have to unlink this account from Ubuntu One to get you back into your old account. PM me with what you think the AllRadioisDead emailo is. Hint - it's the one used in 2008 to create the AllRadioisDead account and it's a coderaid address.
    Last edited by coffeecat; August 23rd, 2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Removed reference to real name

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: Looking to retreive my old account

For the Record: we rarely edit posts in the Resolution Centre, but I have edited my immediately previous post to remove a real name from the quotes, according to the OP's wish for anonymity.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.