Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I have a new username/old account?

Beans

Can I have a new username/old account?

Just feels weird seeing "pakopako2" -- would it be possible to wrench my old account name into my UbuntuOne/SSO? (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1466270)

It seems my SSO email and Forum email didn't quite match, which is odd because I thought they did. And now I am undertain if they currently do/did/are... crap.

I think I'll wait for a PM in the next few weeks before asking for what my options are?

Beans

Re: Can I have a new username/old account?

By that I mean to ask, what are my options if I can't re-enter my old account?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

ONe account uses a hotmail account, the other uses a nepwk account. Do you still have access to both accounts?
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans

nepwk? Are you sure it's nepwk? (One used to be disposable, they should both be hotmail now.)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Yes - we are sure. The old account uses a nepwk address.

If it's a disposable address as long as you know what it was and can PM us with it - we can move forward.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Yes - we are sure. The old account uses a nepwk address.

If it's a disposable address as long as you know what it was and can PM us with it - we can move forward.

Beans

Hm. It looks like I might need a new username?

1. Pako Pako (does UF allow spaces?)
    2. PakoPako (does CAPS matter?)
    3. Pako_Pako (underscore?)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pakopako2 View Post
    Hm. It looks like I might need a new username?
    Of course, this is if I used a nepwk email. (Really? That doesn't sound like something I'd use.)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If you'd like, you can wait for a third admin to verify that pakopako used an nepwk address...
    I PM'ed back some more generic information about the account. If you can confirm the address, we can work toward re-connecting you with that account. Otherwise, we/I don't want to "give away" the account to the first person to ask.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

As a third admin, I can confirm that a @nepwk.com address was used to register the older pakopako account. Since you seem to have forgotten about it and since it appears to be a throwaway email address provider that assigns unmemorable account names, I've renamed this account to Pako Pako for you.

If by chance you can confirm the exact email address used for pakopako - you have to be able to prove you are the registrant of the account before we can give you access to it; standard security check - we can fix things so that your Ubuntu One SSO account logs you into pakopako without having to change the email there. But you will have to be able to quote the email address to us.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast