Thread: Running Window 8 with Virtual Box in Ubuntu 12.04

Beans

Running Window 8 with Virtual Box in Ubuntu 12.04

Hi

I am new with Ubuntu and I am trying to make the change over completely. Yet there is the interest in using the odd windows program. I would like windows 8 running on virtualbox.

When I install Windows 8 through Virtual Box, it copies and installs the files but when it reboots to start installing devices it jams on the windows 8 logo screen. I have tried this with my windows 8 cd and a windows 8 iso and it jams at the same spot each time. I have an 8 core chip and I am giving windows 8 3 cores. I have 4 gig of ram and it uses the minimal required by virtual box.

If anyone has had this problem and knows whats causing it I would greatly appreciate any help.

Kind regarsd

Ian

PS I know I could use Playonlinux for some programs, but things like itunes jam through that program, which is a reason for have windows 8 as a virtual drive.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Running Window 8 with Virtual Box in Ubuntu 12.04

If you're using the VirtualBox version in the Ubuntu repository maybe try a newer version. Since Windows 8 is relatively new there are probably still some kinks getting worked out.

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads