Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing Windows 7

Beans

Re: Installing Windows 7

LOL.

I booted up a Knoppix disc and used GParted to partition the HDD, or actually to increase the space of the other partition (Linux Swap or something) to 30GB which is about what I am using, this would leave around 199 GB for the Windows. Then I told GParted to reformat the boot drive or whatever its called to NTFS. It turned light blue. I thought I had done it, I was finished and then the Windows 7 installation disc started asking me for drivers. huh?? Should it be doing that?

Apparently I didn't see the "little" button that tells GParted to actually do what I just told it to do. I thought it just did it.

Does this make me G-Tarded??

I guess I could call it a dry run. But should the Windows disc be asking me for drivers? Aren't they supposed to be on the installation disk??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: Installing Windows 7

Unless you have a rare disk controller situation (RAID or specialized controller), the Win7 install DVD should include all the disk controllers needed.

It's standard for the installer to OFFER you the chance to install drivers, but it should not be hanging on that.

Does it say which drivers it wants?
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12