Thread: ClamTK functionality question

Beans

ClamTK functionality question

Hoping this is the right forum, hi all,

I've used clamav for years, with klamav as its front-end, which is no longer maintained, so I fall back on the alternative, clamtk.

I've configured clamtk with a schedule, for both updating the virus db and a scan of my /home directory.

DB update is scheduled for 1:00am, scan for 3:00am, and clamtk confirms that the schedules are set.

The reason for this question is, that clamtk, when I run it, never shows me a history of last night's update and scan. It only shows me the last time I did a manual scan. So here's the first really silly question: Does clamtk need to be running at 1:00am~3:00am for the scheduled tasks to execute, or does it simply schedule the jobs with some system-level tool like cron or something similar?

I've checked the following:
    Code:
    ~$ ps ax | grep [c]lamd
     2463 ?        Ssl    0:08 /usr/sbin/clamd
    So we know clamd is running, and my system-monitor reports it's run by user clamav.

Apologies, but this is not the silliest question I've ever asked
    TIA

Update: Solved my own problem looking at /var/log/clamav/ checking both clamav.log and freshclam.log. Duh.

Since I've yet not found a way to delete a post, I'll just mark it solved, hope it will save someone else my embarrassment.
    Last edited by Frogs Hair; August 18th, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...avital&t=45104
    "I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots."
    ― Albert Einstein