Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Something like Arch Linux with no net?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Something like Arch Linux with no net?

LFS is probably the way I will go. Debian maybe after that. I like the idea of not updating often unless it is for security. (Big plus to Debian on that.) The idea is to just learn about Linux and such more so. So that is what I want to do. I see someone on this forums quite a bit, can crack out a code and figure out what is needed to change and fix most problems. I think that is pretty cool. Something I would like to be able to do more of myself on these forums.
    Proverbs 14:15

The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Beans

LFS is a very nice distro because it's your own! Just remember to follow each instruction very carefully, one wrong mistake and your crippled.
    CrunchBang Linux
    Plz no tpe lik dis or no anser!!
    The search tool can be found in the upper right corner of your screen, please use it to your advantage, especially before asking questions.

Beans
    Distro

Will do. If it went well, maybe I could set it up for a more no internet friendly type Linux? (course it still would be friendly with net too, just friendly without it also.)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by RadicaX View Post
    Will do. If it went well, maybe I could set it up for a more no internet friendly type Linux? (course it still would be friendly with net too, just friendly without it also.)
    I find Mint/Ubuntu fits that bill fairly nicely, as it comes with about all the software I need OOTB.
    Good luck and best wishes! >o>

Beans
    Distro

Thank you very much Cortman. Indeed, both of them come with most things you need right out the box. But I would like it if my system was set up and easy to change as the things I needed changed. Maybe one day I would like to slap a new program on with no net, or a new DE, it would be nice just to get it on a cd, start up, and do as little as possible to have it working past that point. *Buntu has done this for all the programs I have wanted online, but with limited to no net, that can change the ball game a bit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123