Thread: Avatar BD Backup is choppy

Beans

I recently backed up my BD's using MakeMKV to play through my mythbox. I am able to play all of backups flawlessly except Avatar. It stutters. I should have more than enough power to play it. The machine is an i3, 4gb ram, SSD drive and the video card is a Nvidia GT610. Any ideas? I have tried SMB and NFS off my NAS just to make sure it was not a bandwidth problem. When looking at TOP during playback the CPU percentages do not seem to high. The load average is 1.1 .80 and .44 . Individual process are low, less than 10%. Any ideas?

Beans

Re: Avatar BD Backup is choppy

Forgot to say I am using 12.0.4.1 myth.25

Beans

Nothing? Is my hardware to slow? When playing from a small media player it plays fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi diesel48.

I'm not very familiar with Myth, but in order to reproduce 1080p video you need to:
    • Have the proper driver installed. In this case the Nvidia proprietary driver.
    • Have the proper libraries installed: libvdpau1.
    • Make sure the video is encoded in one of the supported formats (basically h264, x264 or MPEG).
    • Make sure that the player is both able to use VDPAU and is set to use it as an output (instead of XVideo and X11).

In order to see if the library is install, you can run this:
    Code:
    apt-cache policy libvdpau1
    Check the proper Myth documentation for the output setting.

Hope it helps.
    Regards.

Beans

I do not think that is it. All of my other 1080p content plays without a hitch. I was assuming this had something to do with the high-bit rate. The Nvidia drivers are installed and working. The player is using VDPAU.

Beans

I know I had an issue playing an mp4 in mythtvfrontend - no issue in VLC... problem was the theme painter was set to auto - when I set to qt or opengl, the mp4 issue went away.

Beans

I will double check on that but I believe my machine is set to Open GL. It is an MKV file.

Beans

updated to mythtv .25 and the stuttering went away.