Thread: Software to delete multiple one's + software to format Usb-stick to Nfts

Beans
    Hidden!

Software to delete multiple one's + software to format Usb-stick to Nfts

HI,

System is Ubuntu 12.04 and computer is Asus X201EV.

I'm looking for proper program, which I could use to delete multiplied software. For some reason, some programs has been multiplied several times at system. I do know, I could do it one by one, but I did find, some examples which would make it a bit easier. But, I will trust more your opinion than my own guesses..

Second thing what I'm looking for is a software, which I could use to format Usb-stick to Nfts formation. I'm planning to install 64-bit Ubuntu soon, so it would be needed to have the stick at right formation. I couldn't find anything easily, except some of the commercial (paid ones) programs. An other option would be, to 'upgrade" older system to newer one, after proper backup's would be done.

Thanks..

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Software to delete multiple one's + software to format Usb-stick to Nfts

Gparted will format the USB stick

What software exactly is it that you think needs deleting....?
    Ubuntu 18.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Indeed, the built-in package management system generally prevents multiple installation instances. Is it something installed under WINE?
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by carl4926 View Post
    Gparted will format the USB stick

What software exactly is it that you think needs deleting....?
    Thanks for reply.

Right now, there ain't anything else left than Torch, which has multiplied itself. It came up again, after I did uninstall separately multiplied softwares. I didn't mark up the names of programs and there was't that many, but more than one. So, it would be nice to delete them, some other way than one by one.

I don't think, they were mainly related to Wine. I'm not using too many Windows programs. But, I have noticed that Wine has popped up several times, saying something isn't working or it isn't able to open something (bad memory, that's why something, will mark up the notice next time). I did uninstall it once, but after it has been behaving same way as earlier. Don't really know, how it should work or why it has been been sending me the notifications..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

It is virtually impossible to uninstall Wine completely.