Thread: VPN Help

Beans

VPN Help

Alright, so I've been working with a VPS company for the last several days but they seem to be rather adamant on making me pay a 20.00 management fee before they'll help, in even the slightest. Which is okay, but rather inconvenient. So, here's where I'm at. I've successfully setup a PPTP VPN. I followed instructions carefully, got the DNS and everything else right and even managed to log onto the VPN, but I do have a problem, I don't have network access according to Windows 7. So, what I did then was make sure all the appropriate ports were forwarded, the VPS company enabled PPP for the VPN and all should be good. But, again, after restarting and trying a load of different things (reverting them back if they didn't work) I'm stuck where I'm at now.

So, with all of that in mind, do I need more than one IP for the server if I intend on making a VPN service? Could this perhaps be my issue, because I only do have one IP and it's my understanding that the server is using it. Another thing I thought might be the problem is ports, maybe my ports are messed up? Bottom line though, I don't get internet when I'm connected to the VPN, which is the whole point.

Beans

Re: VPN Help

Anybody?