Thread: Netgear wna3100 driver problems

Beans

Netgear wna3100 driver problems

Hi everyone. I bought a netgear wna3100 adapter today because I couldn't get my asus USB-n13 to work properly. Unfortunately the netgear is giving me just as many problems if not more. I've read almost every thread I could find and tried every step. Nothing. I've downloaded the drivers, installed with ndiswrapper (when I could get it to work) and still nothing. According to ndiswrapper at one point the driver was installed but when I plugged it in the computer didn't recognize it was there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm at my wits end here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Netgear wna3100 driver problems

You would probably have better luck getting the Asus working....or world peace...or free energy. Do you still have the receipt?

I am sorry for being such a skeptic, but I'm sure you've seen my avatar on almost every WNA3100 post here and elsewhere. Getting it to work, especially in 64-bit, is hit or miss. I'd rather have a tooth extracted than a WNA3100.

How about that Asus?
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I'd do the same as Chili555. There are choices that don't involve futzing about. Netgear's WNA1100 is plug'n'go though its operation can be improved with a couple edits. It's an N150 single frequency device. It should work out of the box though. I don't have any N300 or faster dual frequency devices so can't help there.

Beans

I can definitely return it. I just want Internet lol. If you can walk me through the steps to get the Asus working that would be phenomenal. The Asus works it just won't stay connected and it's really slow. Every few minutes it stops working and I have to unplug it and plug it back in. Also, has anyone seen any adapters that are truly plug and play?
    Last edited by rnadmoiezd; August 15th, 2013 at 07:51 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by rnadmoiezd View Post
    I can definitely return it. I just want Internet lol. If you can walk me through the steps to get the Asus working that would be phenomenal. The Asus works it just won't stay connected and it's really slow. Every few minutes it stops working and I have to unplug it and plug it back in. Also, has anyone seen any adapters that are truly plug and play?
    There is about a thread a week on the plug-n-play subject. Here is the latest: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2166676

I suggest you start a new thread and title it USB N13 and include:
    Code:
    lsusb
    nm-tool
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.