Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Login Loop

Beans

Re: Login Loop

Alright, I installed the latest version of mythbuntu. It said installation complete. Please remove disc and close tray. I did this and restarted the computer as asked. It started to boot and then came up with this:
    verifying DMI Pool Data .............
    error: out of disk.
    grub rescue>

Come on - I thought I was home free...............................
    Last edited by jim_collins2; August 22nd, 2013 at 04:34 AM.

Beans

P.S. I can type after it says grub rescue> but have no idea what to type. Also I am assuming that it says grub rescue> as I cannot see the first letter, but grub makes as much sense as anything else I can think of. Should I put the disc back in and try to re-install or run from the disc????

Beans

Ugh ! This is certainly getting unexpectedly long.

Let's see what is going on there.. Please try Boot-Repair and see if it can automatically repair the booting. If not, please use its "Create BootInfo Summary" button to generate a boot-info summary, then post back its pastebin link here (if you are connected to internet while running it), or the boot-info file itself, so we can see what is where and hopefully suggest the fix.
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

Beans

I'm at work now - I will do this tonight - thank you. Do you feel that the partition sizes have anything to do with the latest error?

Beans

I guess we can mark this thread as solved, but the original problem never actually was corrected. I am up and running (almost). See New Setup/Old Recordings thread. I have a new hard drive and new install. There was a problem with that install (the partitions in particular). I tried the default settings, but they did not give me enough room for the boot partition or leave any free space on the disc. One thing when I re-installed mythbuntu I had to actually delete the main partition and then when free space was available I could make the other partitions the correct size. The login loop never was fixed. I am now a bit better using the boot CD and may be able to fix it, but now that I have a larger hard drive I will just copy the files to the new drive and then reformat the old drive. Does anyone have any cool suggestions for a 1TB drive hooked up to mythbuntu? Games? Movies? Music? Thanks to all that helped. I don't know how to mark this solved so can someone tell me or do this?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I believe "Mark as Solved" is an option under "Thread Tools"
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678