Thread: Any new Xbox Emmulators for Linux in 2014?

Beans

Exclamation Any new Xbox Emmulators for Linux in 2014?

It is now 2014 and I was woundering if there are any new Xbox emmulators. I know there is one, but it only plays one game. The Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, and the PS3 all have some emmulators. The pS3's only does homebrew, but it works. The Wii U's is a speical version of Dolphin that is patched and they even have one for the Triforce Arcade that still has not been ported to Linux yet and without that patched version you can't play Trifoce games. The Xbox is just a stripped down version of Windows XP so why did the not just make a Wine add on/emmulator.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Any new Xbox Emmulators for Linux in 2014?

Doubt it, I knew there were a few but they were extremely buggy or only worked with a certain game.
    PS it's still 2013

Beans

Re: Any new Xbox Emmulators for Linux in 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by Linuxgamer94 View Post
    It is now 2014 and I was woundering if there are any new Xbox emmulators. I know there is one, but it only plays one game. The Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, and the PS3 all have some emmulators... The Xbox is just a stripped down version of Windows XP so why did the not just make a Wine add on/emmulator.
    Simple answer: Not enough (or right) people liked the XBOX enough to continue development.

The same thing happened to the Gamecube; the fact that the Wii uses similar hardware gave the Dolphin emulator (originally Gamecube-centric) more steam. Wii-U emulation is about on par with PS3 emulation -- it doesn't totally exist yet. I'd be hesitant to call XBOX emulation a success if it only works on one game.

Look at Sega Saturn emulation -- it was a very unpopular, very complex, and it took until around 2010 before SSF and Yabuse had gotten to the point where more than 3 commercial games could be fully played.