Thread: Upgrade to 13.04: no starter, dash and bar

Beans

Upgrade to 13.04: no starter, dash and bar

Hey there,

a few days ago I upgraded my Lenovo x121e Netbook from 12.04 to 12.10 and it worked like a charm.
    I noticed that now printing with my samsung clx 3125 works great and there seems to have been many improvements for systems on SSD in the newer kernel.

So I thought, Why not upgrading to 13.04?
    Yesterday I made this upgrade. During the upgrade there was an error installing the new version for ubuntu-desktop, another error related to fglrx.
    Because I compiled a newer version for the ATI chip in my netbook, I replaced fgrlx with the version from raring repository.
    ubuntu-desktop seems to be the newest version from repository.

After rebooting the system I still don't have a dash, a starter and no bar in the head of the display. I just have a desktop with my files on it and the possibility to open a Terminal with CTRL-ALT-T

Can you help me to get back to a normal working system?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Upgrade to 13.04: no starter, dash and bar

Thread closed. Duplicate here : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2167640

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Upgrade to 13.04: no starter, dash and bar

Hi blablubb2. Welcome to the forum

This thread is a duplicate of this other one you created: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2167640

Please do not post duplicates. Besides diluting the community effort, it is very difficult to provide any consistent help.

Thread Closed. Please continue the conversation on the other thread.