Thread: 13.04 x64 flickering screen with AMD hybrid @ Dual Screen

Beans

13.04 x64 flickering screen with AMD hybrid @ Dual Screen

I got a issue with 13.04 x64 when using AMD latest proprietary drivers and using extended desktop.

The problem:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NioF...ature=youtu.be

The error occurs when i try to use extended desktop with AMD gpu selected, the monitor and notebook has differents resolutions (1920x1080 @ monitor / 1366x768 @ notebook screen)
    No error when select the Intel @ Catalyst Control Center neither when i set to mirror displays or turn off the notebook screen.

Here some useful info:

Code:
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Whistler [Radeon HD 6600M/6700M/7600M Series]
    Code:
    $ fglrxinfo 
    display: :0.0  screen: 0
    OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M Series
    OpenGL version string: 4.3.12438 Compatibility Profile Context 13.20.5
    Anything i can try to fix this? Ive just broked / reinstalled the system several times trying to figure out what is causing this, ive seen some similar users with same errors, but no solution at all.

Thanks in advance!

Beans

Re: 13.04 x64 flickering screen with AMD hybrid @ Dual Screen

Found a FIX, but i dont know how to turn it to set automatically.

To fix just type: " xrandr --output VGA1 --auto --left-of LVDS1 --output VGA1 --auto --scale 1.0001x1.0001 "

use HDMI1 if HDMI
    after that command you can adjust the screen @ Displays , no more flickering.

any clue how to turn this command automatic when i plug another display, since i miss these configs when i restart the ubuntu.

Thanks!