Thread: Open music

Beans
    Hidden!

Open music

Hi

I just installed Ubuntu and I am interested in open-source things (I currently head the development of an open-source game).

I am a music student and I would like to set up a website whereby users can upload their own music (in ogg (is that the free one?) format) for people to download.

The big catch with this is that it has to get approved first - that is, a there will be some reviewers who listen to recording quality, accuracy etc and if the quality isn't good enough, it doesn't go on.

The reviewer also writes a review for the track.

There can be whole albums and single tracks. The artist can have a link to their own personal website where (in the case of a sample track) a CD can be bought - an artist has to eat...

I am a professional website designer, but I have clients and a degree to do (as well as New Zealand Opera, which will keep me fairly busy) so I am looking for anyone interested in helping me out. I still have a bit of free time and would really like to do this.

Initially I can provide all the hosting and buy the domain name (if I can conjure up a name).

Perhaps this post would be better posted somewhere else. If so, could you please provide a link.

Beans

Re: Open music

If a mod. is here, please move this thread to the Ubuntu Cafe forum. I think this would be better there.

(don't repost let the mods move it)

As far as your idea I have been working on a similar project.
    I would like to develope an email that people can store their music collection in and play their music collection from any computer.

either via an embedded player or a player they have on their OS.

good luck.

I have a domain name already cafeubuntu.com

I have one email activated, mine.

jozef@cafeubuntu.com