Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Elementary Luna

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Elementary Luna

@Artificial Intelligence
    Nice minimalistic desktop you got, all 'steamed' up and ready to rock
    I personally prefer the stock icons and plank as it's is. But each to his own, I respect that.
    How did you get Gazette to show only the weather ? I tried the switches in switchboard but they just flipped back again

Beans
    Distro

Menu editor.
    I needed a good menu editor for slingshot and found that menulibre is in the Elementary Update PPA
    So if you have that ppa already you can just 'sudo apt-get install menulibre' in a terminal ( same goes for gazette, it's available in the same ppa),
    Now to get it running and pinned to slingshot you need to know the 'tricks' . this youtube video from TraumaD91 explains it quite easily (4:13).
    First you run it from terminal using
    Code:
    /opt/extras.ubuntu.com/menulibre/bin/menulibre
    Then you need to pin it to slingshot
    Skærmbillede fra 2013-09-10 22:48:49.png
    Just search for 'menu' as you can see I did and click on the 'menu editor' to edit.
    Delete all categories at the bottom using the arrow with the 'X' on it and add 'Accessories Utility' as you can see I have done.
    That's it, you can now use menulibre from slingshot
    Skærmbillede fra 2013-09-10 22:58:17.jpg
    Ps.
    If you pin menulibre to plank you'll notice that it can be used to both edit your individual user menu and edit the common system menu.
    Last edited by Stinger; September 10th, 2013 at 10:13 PM. Reason: added Ps

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence View Post
    A peek of my eos desktop
    nice desktop.
    If i remember , didnt you have a blog referring to the first elementary release ?. do you still update it ?

The tweak is a great tool. Prefer chrome to midori and FF.Nice music player pre installed.

Am truly deciding whether to either dual boot with W7 on a spare hdd or use as a main OS on a ssd on my main laptop.
    posted a desktop on another thread trying out on a old toshiba laptop
    booted very fast and ran a treat.

GOLDSHIRT9 was here

Beans

Installed it tonight to my main HD, it will be my main OS for the next few weeks as I test Beta OS. Must say it's working great with no issues at all.

Beans
    Distro

@sammiev
    Yeah Elementary Luna really is rock solid and on top of that it's damn fast too
    Good luck testing beta OS, I do a little testing myself on and off but EOS Luna is a keeper. Can't wait for EOS Isis

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by hg-knight View Post
    nice desktop.
    If i remember , didnt you have a blog referring to the first elementary release ?. do you still update it ?
    That's correct, it's still around: http://eosvision.wordpress.com/
    I don't update it anymore. I haven't the time I used to have.

Beans

shame it was very helpful
    GOLDSHIRT9 was here

Beans

Currently digging eOS. I started to be an active helper in the IRC (which by the way is a nice play to chill at). The only gripe I have with this OS is the fact that you would most probably have problems with kernels other than the 3.8 kernel. Other than that, eOS deserves the main OS role in my PC.

Beans

If the OS is really that good, then why are they blatantly copying Mac OS X theme? Not that I care, but come on - do something better, something different, instead of making an OS that people look at, and ask:

"Ohh! Is that a Ma... oh - no - sorry, it just looked so much like a Mac."
    You don't HAVE to copy Apple to look pretty. That is just pathetic, and shows a lazy design team, unwilling to think up something of their own. Come ON - Apple really DO NOT have a monopoly on amazing design (and I love the look of OS X) but please - get your brains in gear and make something that looks 100x BETTER than OS X.

Great OS I am sure, but the whole attempt to fool people into thinking it is OS X? Lazy and completely lacks a wider imagination.
    Last edited by 64bitiso; September 20th, 2013 at 03:06 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I used OS X for the last ten years. No OS X user would mistake Elementary for it.

Elementary has a dock. That's about it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast