Thread: The brightness keys unable to function after clean install and drivers added - Gazp9

Beans

The brightness keys unable to function after clean install and drivers added - Gazp9

I have Windows, Kubuntu and ubuntu installed,

Both Windows and Kubuntu brightness keys are working, BUT I cannot get them to work on ubuntu.

I added the repository, updated, installed the drivers just as I did for Kubuntu, but to no avail

Any solutions?

P.s. I noticed that I had to install the ICC profile manually in all OS's, which was easy. Everything else worked perfectly, excellent job.
    Last edited by Steven Bell; August 9th, 2013 at 11:50 PM.

Beans

Re: The brightness keys unable to function after clean install and drivers added - Ga

I just updated and upgraded via 'apt-get' in ubuntu today and now the brightness function keys are working perfectly well!

Last edited by Steven Bell; August 23rd, 2013 at 11:07 PM.

Beans

Re: The brightness keys unable to function after clean install and drivers added - Ga

In my first week I have installed ubuntu a few times and this issue happed to me with every new install. Brightness keys works after a couple of restarts.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by phxpx View Post
    In my first week I have installed ubuntu a few times and this issue happed to me with every new install. Brightness keys works after a couple of restarts.
    Lol,

Hey, I reckon they should write "will work after a few restarts" hehe