Thread: Logout, shutdown, restart buttons do not work with my Ubuntu 13.10 installation

Beans

Logout, shutdown, restart buttons do not work with my Ubuntu 13.10 installation

Hi,

I have upgraded Ubuntu from 13.04 to 13.10 on my dell laptop. The upgrade is successful. But the issue is from the menu, nothing happens when I click on logout, shutdown, restart. Is this a known bug for 13.10 or its only me facing the issue? Please help me to resolve this issue.

--
    Many Thanks,
    Nikhil Bhalwnakar

Beans

Re: Logout, shutdown, restart buttons do not work with my Ubuntu 13.10 installation

I face exactly the same issue

Beans

Re: Logout, shutdown, restart buttons do not work with my Ubuntu 13.10 installation

Same problem here. Also Dell laptop.

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi,

You must realize that 13.10 is not yet released, and can be expected to break until the release date. If that is OK, or if you want to take part in debugging and testing this new version, fine

For example, you can start at the following web page, the testing tracker, test according to the check-list 'Detailed information on the testcase' and report bugs or things that seem strange

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/

Otherwise I suggest that you try a released version, either the long time support version, 12.04 LTS or the newest released version 13.04. Consider also the community flavours of Ubuntu: Lubuntu, Xubuntu and Kubuntu with other desktop environments.

Edit: You can also take part in the Ubuntu +1 forum.
    Last edited by sudodus; October 11th, 2013 at 01:53 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Moved to the Ubuntu+1 forum.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I've had the same problem since very early in Saucy's lifetime. System Settings and Suspend are the only two things that work I think.
    There is usually no restart option and neither logout or shutdown work for me.
    I used Cairo Dock to logout, restart etc.

I expect this will be fixed either before or at final release.
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Precise 12.04 | Trusty 14.04 | Vivid 15.04 | Mint Rebecca 17.1 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Lightbulb Re: Logout, shutdown, restart buttons do not work with my Ubuntu 13.10 installation

last set of updates fix this for me

Beans

I updated yesterday with the official release, and they certainly do NOT work for me. I am currently using Cairo Dock to log out, restart and shut down.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

This sub forum is for the discussion/troubleshooting of development versions.

Finding threads in here and then using them for support once a version has been released won't work.

Please start a new support thread in a suitable sub-forum.

Closed.