Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New forum login - no remember me?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Login now by means of Ubuntu One SSO only

I realize there is a session timeout in place, but I find that sometimes I'm logged out in the middle of a task, such as writing a post or PM. Having to log back in loses the data. I don't suppose anything can be done about that(?)
    "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: New forum login - no remember me?

Post moved - please see previous discussion.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

prodigy_ is offline May the Ubuntu Be With You!
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy Tux View Post
    Users only need to login if they want to reply to a thread.
    Except those of us who prefer our customized forum view settings.

Re: Login now by means of Ubuntu One SSO only

Quote Originally Posted by Buntu Bunny View Post
    I realize there is a session timeout in place, but I find that sometimes I'm logged out in the middle of a task, such as writing a post or PM. Having to log back in loses the data. I don't suppose anything can be done about that(?)
    You should get an option to restore saved content, at least for replies to a thread. For example I started this reply, closed the browser, re-opened, logged in, came back to same thread, replied again to your post & there was the option to restore in red at bottom of reply box.
    (obviously not an ideal path back but works.

This was using FF on Win7 which does have some other issues with the new methods, FF on linux is a bit better.

If I know I'll be here a while, (on FF with linux), then I'll edit the bb_sessionhash cookie & give it a date to expire
    (only lasts for 2 hrs of inactivity so date chosen is irrelevant

In the past when being logged out during a reply (with the very short time out) I believe replies weren't being seen as activity, maybe that's still the case?? (though you should still get 2 hrs to retrieve & complete a post, ect.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Make SSO login persistent?

Is there any way to make the SSO login persistent across boots, as of old? I find it annoying to have to sign in all the time...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Make SSO login persistent?

Try allowing cookies for https://login.ubuntu.com/. It should remember you that way.
    Last edited by mikewhatever; August 9th, 2013 at 08:24 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Moved to Forum Feedback & Help

The Ubuntu + 1 forum is for discussion of the development version of Ubuntu -- currently 13.10.

Not really an Ubuntu Forums issue either, actually. This is one for Canonical IS.

The Admins have been in discussion with Canonical IS about this. If one of them stops by, they can give you any details that they might be willing to.
    The Left Coast Geek * The Community ATI Driver Wiki * Find what you need in the Ubuntu Community wikis

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story!
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mikewhatever View Post
    Try allowing cookies for https://login.ubuntu.com/. It should remember you that way.
    Is that something I should set in my browser (Chromium)? AFAIK I do not block cookies. I do run Ghostery, but that does not say anything other than blocking a facebook thing.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Threads merged.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by sanderj View Post
    Is that something I should set in my browser (Chromium)? AFAIK I do not block cookies. I do run Ghostery, but that does not say anything other than blocking a facebook thing.
    I don't believe that will work, as coffeecat said:

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    Not a few - 120. Until this has been looked at properly by sysadmins, the session timeout has been increased to 2 hours.
    The cookie or session is set to expire after 2 hours anyway.

As someone who is logging in 3-10 times a day at the moment you're not the only one who is eagerly waiting for the 'remember me' option.
    // Blog

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast