Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem after boot-repair.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Problem after boot-repair.

Hi there. I've got a little problem after i reinstalled GRUB using boot-repair. When i restarted the computer a black screen came up with a lot of numbers and letters on it. I really don't know what is that mean and how to fix. Could you please tell me what this is and how to fix it. Thank you in advance!

I forgot to say that the reinstalling went well. the boot-repair told me that reinstalling is succesfull and to restart...and there - a problem came up.
    Last edited by Yuliyan_Hristov; August 4th, 2013 at 09:38 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Problem after boot-repair.

You were reinstalling grub why..?

I'd be inclined to use the original install media to chroot the installed system and work a fix from there
    Ubuntu 18.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Well i reinstalled it because Ubuntu didnt wanted to boot after the install...So what i have to do from now?
    Last edited by Yuliyan_Hristov; August 4th, 2013 at 10:28 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Tell us about the computer. Does it have windows, what version?
    Ubuntu 18.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Ah im sorry...i forgot to mention that. Wll it has WIndows 7 on it. Yesterday i found an old hard drive in the closet and mounted it in the computer. So im trying to run Ubuntu on the second drive which is 80 GB. The main drive is 1 TB with Windows in it. I just wanted the OS's to be independent. Maybe the different drives are the problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

you proposed the same situationi was into last days! Yulian_Htistov . You're directed to ubuntu GRUB 2 terminal. If you want have dual boot then this solution might not work for you becox i am newbie too and in my case i didn't wanted a dual boot so in partition menu i removed Windows 7 Ultimate and removed also a tiny partition labeled as 'Windows Loader' and on this partition i installed new partitition and mounted that at \boot\efi . This worked for me and i went into ubuntu 13.04 directly & facing no issue! cheers! Moreover i have the same PC Spec like you told i mean 64bit architecture! and in my studies this problem is espcially for 64bit motherboard systems invlovinf UEFI/EFI problem which in my case i have EFI may be not with you. . . .

ant2 is offline Just Give Me the Beans!
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Can you select the drive with Ubuntu on to boot from the bios. Does that work?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I want dual boot. Dont like Windows but loooove Ubuntu but some things (mostly games) dont work on linux...well they do but its much more complicated to install. Actually i reinstalled GRUB before and there was no problem...this morning as explained i tried to run fresh install on Ubuntu and something goes wrong...i tnink it is because i installed it on another drive...Another thing i didnt mention - the second drive (Ubuntu) is with Ultra ATA cable and the main drive is with Serial. It that a problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

The GRUB works now but when i select Ubuntu it gives me a Black screen with letters and numbers on it...thats the problem

Beans

I'm kinda new here too, but if you installed GRUB2 on the 80gb disk and you are booting from the disk you originally had ubuntu & windows 7 on you would run into serious issues. Be sure your primary boot is the hard drive you installed grub on most recently. You should be able to change this in your bios settings at boot.
    Last edited by Relsig; August 4th, 2013 at 04:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast