Thread: Lubuntu 13.04 & Nexus 4. Files to copy to with their filenames intact.

Beans

Lubuntu 13.04 & Nexus 4. Files to copy to with their filenames intact.

I'm running Lubuntu 13.04 and the MTP device in question is a Google/LG Nexus 4.
    My computer is finding the phone with no problem and asks me what to do when I plug it in. I can browse the phone's storage and everything's there. However, if I drag files from it to my filesystem, the copied files and directories are all named with numbers instead of the names (I'm guessing these are the files' StorageIDs?), whereas the files are being rendered in Pcmanfm with their filenames.
    Does anyone know of a way to get these files to copy to my filesystem with their filenames intact?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Lubuntu 13.04 & Nexus 4. Files to copy to with their filenames intact.

Interesting. I'm using a Nexus4 and Ubuntu 12.04 (actually server + LXDE) without that issue at all. Are there any errors in log files?
    Yep, just tested it again with pcmanfm; no funny file names going in either direction. Perhaps a reinstall of the MTP driver or Pcmanfm is needed?

Beans

Ubuntu 13.04 and Nexus 4 works like a charm

Beans

I'm still facing this problem...any advice beside letting me know that it is working with your system.

Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Barbas View Post
    I'm still facing this problem...any advice beside letting me know that it is working with your system.

Thanks.
    Pretty certain that I asked a question and made a suggestion. How did those turn out? Did you do them?

Beans

Sorry The Flu and thank you, yes I did follow your instruction and re-install libmtp-common, libmtp-runtime, libmtp9 & pcmanfm, without any success. Still transfer files from nexus as numbers, instead of filenames.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Sorry The Flu and thank you, yes I did follow your instruction and re-install libmtp-common, libmtp-runtime, libmtp9 & pcmanfm, without any success. Still transfer files from nexus as numbers, instead of filenames.
    Have you tried a different cable? Sorry - that's the best idea I have ... besides installing 12.04 LTS.

Beans

@The Flu, I have tired it with another cable, and tested it with Lubuntu 13.04 live to see if it display the above issue, this it does. So I tried it with the 13.10 live and which copy the file name over properly.

I have installed the 13.10, but after installing the updates, the wifi icon disappeared from the panel bar...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

@The Flu, I have tired it with another cable, and tested it with Lubuntu 13.04 live to see if it display the above issue, this it does. So I tried it with the 13.10 live and which copy the file name over properly.

I have installed the 13.10, but after installing the updates, the wifi icon disappeared from the panel bar...
    For all practical purposes, 13.04 is beta code and 13.10 is less than alpha level. 12.04? I know that 12.04 works here - there is a PPA that must be added to get MTP working.
    Add these to your APT sources setup under 12.04:
    Code:
    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/langdalepl/gvfs-mtp/ubuntu precise main
    deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/langdalepl/gvfs-mtp/ubuntu precise main
    Should work under a liveCD.