Thread: Themes for card game Aisleriot Solitaire

Beans

Unhappy Themes for card game Aisleriot Solitaire

I have tried to change the them in Aisleriot solitaire but although I managed to download them they have not turned up in the card game . How can one change the theme to one that I like.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Themes for card game Aisleriot Solitaire

Thread moved to Gaming & Leisure.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Mal_Ellis View Post
    I have tried to change the them in Aisleriot solitaire but although I managed to download them they have not turned up in the card game . How can one change the theme to one that I like.
    Could you please share details?

Beans

Unhappy Re: Themes for card game Aisleriot Solitaire

The card games I got were Aisleriot Solitaire,
    Freecell solitaire and Mahjong but when I want to play Aisleriot Solitaire I do not like the theme of the cards . I go to View > Card style > Install Card Themes but it does not install the themes. I downloaded some themes from the internet but they have not shown up anywhere. Can you tell me how do I get the themes that go with Aisleriot Solitaire. I have had them ok in other Distros but so far not in Lubuntu.
    I really don't know why the powers that be put such a terrible card theme in Aisleriot Solitaire . This current theme is very hard on my eyes and after a while I have to give up playing it .
    Some help would be appreciated . Hope that answers your reply 'vasa1'

Beans

The card games I got were Aisleriot Solitaire,
    Freecell solitaire and Mahjong but when I want to play Aisleriot Solitaire I do not like the theme of the cards . I go to View > Card style > Install Card Themes but it does not install the themes. I downloaded some themes from the internet but they have not shown up anywhere. Can you tell me how do I get the themes that go with Aisleriot Solitaire. I have had them ok in other Distros but so far not in Lubuntu.
    I really don't know why the powers that be put such a terrible card theme in Aisleriot Solitaire . This current theme is very hard on my eyes and after a while I have to give up playing it .
    Some help would be appreciated . Hope that answers your reply 'vasa1'
    Got it! I too have installed Aisleriot on Lubuntu and when I click on "Install Card Themes" absolutely nothing happens. I should mention that I haven't installed any card game themes so far. It seems that Lubuntu doesn't come with whatever associated software is required to make the option work.

Merits more digging.

Beans

See if this helps. (I haven't tried it):
    http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopi...134394#p722955

Beans

Thumbs up Re: Themes for card game Aisleriot Solitaire

Thank you vasa1 . That worked a treat . Looks like I had downloaded the wrong pkg previous . cheers

Beans

Thank you vasa1 . That worked a treat . Looks like I had downloaded the wrong pkg previous . cheers
    You're welcome. I learned something new as well