Thread: Recommendations for USB Bluetooth?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Recommendations for USB Bluetooth?

I assume most will work but am looking for something that just works when plugged into 12.04 and later. I primarily need audio, although network linking to smartphone would also be a bonus. I see several on Amazon but none seem to specify Linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Recommendations for USB Bluetooth?

I got a http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000W4TZSC that I bought a couple years ago, and it works fine out of the box (in the description it says linux support too). But since bluetooth is slow, I barely use it. I assume you want a bluetooth 4 though, right?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Any v4.0 Broadcom or CSR chipset based ones should work fine out-of-the-box. Others might as well. You can go for the cheapest one you can find at DX.com or any other chinese store.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thanks 4 advice. I don't need fast, as at most I just use BT to connect to headphones or to iLive BT adapter on my home sound system. My iPhone is a 4s so to connect to the Internet as hotspot is 3G so speed there is is restricted by service anyway. Tethering w BT is significantly less power hungry w phone than tethering with wifi so as long as it might work, that's a bonus.