Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SSO login general chat thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Login now by means of Ubuntu One SSO only

[SOLVED]
    To the @Admins...

I guess this is not of top importance to be fixed, but the settings page of the forum profile is blocked by permissions... i.e. one cannot Edit his profile etc...
    Shall we hope we will have access to those at some point in time?

[SOLVED] Upps sorry ... my fault... it seems like I am below 25 posts now.... so it is a standard access permission "problem"
    Last edited by PhobosK; July 30th, 2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Found what the problem is...

Beans

My previous account was "TheFluffyOne". I don't have a huge post count, but I like to keep the same username on various forums.

So I have set my Ubuntu One preferred email to the same as my old forum email address and it doesn't seem to have linked to the old account. I am now "thefluffyone2"... something isn't working right here

Beans

Wow. There could have been a bigger warning. I went to the forums, logged in with SSO and now I have for ever lost my account? This really sucks. There really should be a warning when you do the first login.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I don't mind the change, I guess, only that there was no way to re-get your forum email to associate it to the Ubuntu One email. I could not remember mine and by freak chance entered one that it accepted. I would suggest that you allow an option to get people to find their emails properly. Because the "reset password" does not work; it sends mail to the email you entered regardless if it is in use or not, so it is basically useless in finding out your real email used on the forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

All I can say is, it's good to be back.
    "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by mniess View Post
    Wow. There could have been a bigger warning. I went to the forums, logged in with SSO and now I have for ever lost my account? This really sucks. There really should be a warning when you do the first login.
    Is your prefered email (see below) set to the same one used in your forum account?
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Not here to argue with the rights and wrongs of security... just really confused. I've (obviously) been able to sign on after the hackevent and at some point in the process found a place to set a new password. But can someone draw a simple picture showing how OpenID, SSO, UbuntuOne (which I don't use) these Forums (Fora ?) and Launchpad are all connected.
    And if somehow I've acquired an OpenID, can there be only one for me, and how can I check ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by hamiljf View Post
    Not here to argue with the rights and wrongs of security... just really confused. I've (obviously) been able to sign on after the hackevent and at some point in the process found a place to set a new password. But can someone draw a simple picture showing how OpenID, SSO, UbuntuOne (which I don't use) these Forums (Fora ?) and Launchpad are all connected.
    And if somehow I've acquired an OpenID, can there be only one for me, and how can I check ?
    fyi, Ubuntu did some merging - Ubuntu One does not only include the backup service now - Ubuntu One _is_ the SSO system used. Ubuntu One is the SSO used to login to launchpad, askubuntu, the forums ,etc ,etc ,etc
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sandyd View Post
    Is your prefered email (see below) set to the same one used in your forum account?
    As can be deducted from my current username, I did the exact same thing as mniess and am now unable to access my original account.
    When I noticed my mistake, I tried changing the Ubuntu One email to match what I am sure is the email of my original Ubuntuforums account, and then log in again. However, I am still logged in to mabynke2. I guess that the two accounts are now "properly" linked up, and that the forum therefore makes no attempt to change anything. Is there any hope for regaining access to my zombie account?
    Last edited by Iowan; July 31st, 2013 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Handling in RC

Beans

+1
    Same username since 2006, same email account for several years and now I'm zeroed out to newbie status with no way to recover. I hope we come up with a way to get back to the way it was; I can't even remember my own username anymore

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast