Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: SSO login general chat thread

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: SSO login general chat thread

I'm having troubles logging into this forum using Firefox version 26.0. I click Login With SSO, and LastPas log me in, I get the Hello messege, then it doesn't show the profile options at the top of the screen rather, the Login With SSO option. I have to use Chrome to log in to this page.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Still had my old account back (and man how I was a member of Ubuntu Forums since 2008...I feel like a stranger! LOL!) and I've started to use KeePass2 as I'm unable to keep track of 100 different passwords (even variations) for 100 different accounts. This is all happened due to Ubuntu and Adobe hack.

I cannot use LastPass or any third party servers for managing my passwords as I cannot place my trust in them that my passwords are all encrypted by a master password.

Anyway, I'm happy to be back.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by chris_johnson2 View Post
    I'm having troubles logging into this forum using Firefox version 26.0. I click Login With SSO, and LastPas log me in, I get the Hello messege, then it doesn't show the profile options at the top of the screen rather, the Login With SSO option. I have to use Chrome to log in to this page.
    I just tried FF 25.0. and no problem logging in. Your problem may have something to do with your profile, as before doing a fresh Trusty install, I was running into the same problem, although it was with chromium, instead of Firefox. Try creating a new Firefox profile using the following command in a terminal:

Code:
    firefox -P
    to see if that make a difference.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    I just tried FF 25.0. and no problem logging in. Your problem may have something to do with your profile, as before doing a fresh Trusty install, I was running into the same problem, although it was with chromium, instead of Firefox. Try creating a new Firefox profile using the following command in a terminal:

Code:
    firefox -P
    to see if that make a difference.
    Unfortunately, I'm using Window's 7. I haven't quite made the transition since I still need Win 7, but I should be getting a new desktop soon and I'm gonna wipe this baby clean, and rid this world of one more Window's evil! So, do you think I should just downgrade to 25.0?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by chris_johnson2 View Post
    So, do you think I should just downgrade to 25.0?
    I'm using FF version 26.0 in Ubuntu 13.10 and I'm not having any trouble logging in via SSO in Firefox. It might be worth trying cariboo907's suggestion to create a new FF profile.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    I'm using FF version 26.0 in Ubuntu 13.10 and I'm not having any trouble logging in via SSO in Firefox. It might be worth trying cariboo907's suggestion to create a new FF profile.
    I would, but I'm using Window's. I don't have access to a terminal.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

I've never done this myself, but this should help:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a...ile_on_Windows

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    I've never done this myself, but this should help:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a...ile_on_Windows
    Well...It worked, but I'm not sure why. I think I'm going to disable LastPass for that site and maybe even remove it to see if that helps. Maybe AdBlock Plus too...Thanks a lot though!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

So, I re-installed ABP and LastPass and now I don't have any problem logging in and out with the new profile. Strange...But again, thanks!

Beans

Just received an email from Ubuntu saying the Ubuntu One service will be discontinued as of 1 June 2014. How's this going to affect our SSO service to this forum?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast