Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: SSO login general chat thread

Beans

Re: SSO login general chat thread

I've tried to register my old mail to your SSO thingie, but it just wouldn't accept it and kept saying it's an invalid email. great. Now I had to register a new account and that means I can no longer subscribe to topics, configure other settings or find my old posts because this is a "new account".
    I get that you want to make things safer, but it would've been nice to keep my old account as well. "Delete all user accounts and have them make new ones" isn't really a solution.

Is there any way to join this account with my old account "oh my"?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Quote Originally Posted by oh_my View Post
    I've tried to register my old mail to your SSO thingie, but it just wouldn't accept it and kept saying it's an invalid email.
    As the prelogin notice tells you, Ubuntu One and old forum accounts are matched on email. It sounds as though the email account used for the old forum account has been allowed to lapse. There was a reasonable expectation that people would maintain an active email account at ubuntuforums, or change the email if it became necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by oh_my View Post
    Is there any way to join this account with my old account "oh my"?
    Yes. Rather than me moving your post to the appropriate place and risk you losing track of it, please post in the Resolution Centre. Please read these two stickies:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2164369

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2164051
    Ubuntu 15.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

Ok, it turns out I was just being stupid.. Apparently I already have a login at login.ubuntu.com from my launchpad account. I found a warning mail about the unsuccessful login when I tried to login the first time.
    I still don't quite understand why it was saying my email was invalid when I tried to register it. It is obviously a valid mail, since I received an email on it.

In any case, could you please delete this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2179633 I will repost it from this account.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I would like to restate my request, made in some earlier thread about the revised login procedures, that the session cookie have a much longer expiration. Those of us who visit the forums multiple times per day would benefit from a cookie duration of 8-10 hours. I don't know the current duration, but I'm guessing it's only an hour or two.
    If you ask for help, please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    I would like to restate my request, made in some earlier thread about the revised login procedures, that the session cookie have a much longer expiration. Those of us who visit the forums multiple times per day would benefit from a cookie duration of 8-10 hours. I don't know the current duration, but I'm guessing it's only an hour or two.
    This has been covered in several other threads,We have a ticket in with Canonical IS, as we can't do anything about it. For regular members the time out is 120 minutes.For the moderation team it is 120 minutes for the regular sub-forums, and 30 minutes for the Admin and Mod control panels.

If you think 120 minutes is to short, you should try the 30 minute time limits we have to deal with.

Beans

OK guys, I haven´t been very active in the last months (or even years), but I´ve been a member of these forum since at least 2008, if not earlier. The Ubuntu One account had/has the same email adress as my forum account, still my account is not linked, I´m getting a random nick (used to be funkster & funkster1 before) and my post count is 0.
    What can I do now?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by stuff3 View Post
    OK guys, I haven´t been very active in the last months (or even years), but I´ve been a member of these forum since at least 2008, if not earlier. The Ubuntu One account had/has the same email adress as my forum account, still my account is not linked, I´m getting a random nick (used to be funkster & funkster1 before) and my post count is 0.
    What can I do now?
    See - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2164369
    I'm part of a small team that produce the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter. We always need help, especially at weekends. Want to join us?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PaulW2U View Post
    Thank you, I read a lot of threads already concerning the new login method, even though I can understand security concerns, I don't like this new way of logging in.
    Anyway, again, thank you for the link.

Raphael

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by stuff3 View Post
    Thank you, I read a lot of threads already concerning the new login method, even though I can understand security concerns, I don't like this new way of logging in.
    Anyway, again, thank you for the link.

Raphael
    Few of us do like it - I don't like it anymore than you - that's what we've got and that's what we'll have unfortunately.

However, I'd assume that PaulW2U's thought behind posting that sticky was to point you in the right direction to get help - and I believe other threads point to the same thing - you posting a thread in the Resolution Centre.

Beans

Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread/forum section, and I mean that sincerely.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast