Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: SSO login general chat thread

Beans

What happened with the new login?

hi everyone, I am a 15 year old female from over in cyanogenmod nook color. What happened with the forums here? Its changed in the log in screen and uses that ubuntu one now.
    Last edited by Valene_Reynolds; August 5th, 2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: add more information

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: What happened with the new login?

Look over these two threads
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2164064
    and
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2164051

also, look in the forums feedback & help sub-section for extra info regarding site problems found and other known issues.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: What happened with the new login?

Quote Originally Posted by Valene_Reynolds View Post
    hi everyone, I am a 15 year old female from over in cyanogenmod nook color. What happened with the forums here? Its changed in the log in screen and uses that ubuntu one now.
    Merged with SSO login megathread.

Beans

Re: Login now by means of Ubuntu One SSO only

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    Even before the hack, there was no way to check your password other that logging. The password never showed up anywhere on the forum.
    Yeah there was. Attempt to log in with any and all passwords that it could have been. The password that lets you log in is the right one! And if I couldn't get in....then no problem. If I can't use one that I'm currently using, then it's gone for good.

Beans

Re: Login now by means of Ubuntu One SSO only

Quote Originally Posted by Newbunto View Post
    With the choices that you have made, yes. So how are you going with changing almost all of your online passwords?
    Not well. Hard to find the time to sit down and work through the list (generate the list first!) and document.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: SSO login general chat thread

Hi everyone,

First post after the Ubuntu forums hack. Reading all the posts I feel lucky that the first login and association with Ubuntu One apparently went smoothly for me. I'd registered for a Ubuntu One account a year back to try out the cloud service, and luckily I use the same email address across all sites and logins, so the OpenID association process seems to have gone as promised in the instructions. Since I don't use Ubuntu One for any important file storage, nor have financial details associated with it, I don't have to fear my Ubuntu One credentials somehow getting compromised because of having to login from Ubuntu forums, but understand the worry of those that do have sensitive information in their Ubuntu One account.

Sadly though I never got any mail from the forums warning me about the breach, but stumbled on the news (since I don't login to forums regularly) through a slashdot article, so that part (immediately warning all users) could've been handled better. Rather stupidly I'd used the same password for a bunch of other sites, so it was lucky I stumbled on that slashdot article. Immediately changed all my passwords to be unique.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by santosh83 View Post
    Hi everyone,

First post after the Ubuntu forums hack. Reading all the posts I feel lucky that the first login and association with Ubuntu One apparently went smoothly for me. I'd registered for a Ubuntu One account a year back to try out the cloud service, and luckily I use the same email address across all sites and logins, so the OpenID association process seems to have gone as promised in the instructions. Since I don't use Ubuntu One for any important file storage, nor have financial details associated with it, I don't have to fear my Ubuntu One credentials somehow getting compromised because of having to login from Ubuntu forums, but understand the worry of those that do have sensitive information in their Ubuntu One account.

Sadly though I never got any mail from the forums warning me about the breach, but stumbled on the news (since I don't login to forums regularly) through a slashdot article, so that part (immediately warning all users) could've been handled better. Rather stupidly I'd used the same password for a bunch of other sites, so it was lucky I stumbled on that slashdot article. Immediately changed all my passwords to be unique.
    We found that quite a few members found the message in their spam folder, that may have happened to you.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    We found that quite a few members found the message in their spam folder, that may have happened to you.
    That's certainly possible, although I do scan the spam folder for genuine mails before emptying it! Well, hope this bumpy period is soon behind us.

Beans

What is with viewing a specific forum or topic, then going to log in, and it redirecting me to the "Ubuntu Forum Community" where all subforums are listed. Is there not a way to be redirected back to the topic of subforum I was already in? It isn't a huge deal, just really annoying when I'm automatically logged out, viewing a forum, want to log back in, and don't remember where the subforum/topic was. And having to hit the back button several times is annoying as well.

ALSO:
    I apologize if this has been posted somewhere in this thread as of recent. I HAVE read the thread with all the information in it as well. But what is the current status of being able to be logged in indefinitely? Or is there even one other than the Ubuntu forums team looking into it? I am by NO MEANS trying to sound like a ****, just wanting to know if there is an update on it.

Beans

I like this move but I still wish it let me set a user name, I remade an account multiple times because I did not want my username to be my real name, not sure if there is a way.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast