Thread: [Xubuntu] Getting logged out repeatedly

Beans

[Xubuntu] Getting logged out repeatedly

I've been having this problem for a few days now. I'm getting repeatedly logged out of Xubuntu. I have also had a new option come up after logging in that lets me load a session. I've just been loading default and I'd like to know how I can get rid of this screen as I don't use it as well as find out why I'm being logged out. I'm also noticing an error message everytime I get to the desktop that says "Invalid option: -session".

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: [Xubuntu] Getting logged out repeatedly

Which version of Xubuntu are you using?

I have also had a new option come up after logging in that lets me load a session. I've just been loading default and I'd like to know how I can get rid of this screen as I don't use it as well as find out why I'm being logged out.
    If 13.04 or later (Xfce 4.10), you will find a "Clear Saved Sessions" button located at Settings Manager -> Session and Startup -> Session tab. This will delete the saved sessions that you are being prompted for. Also, when logging out, you will have the option to Save the current session. If you don't want the sessions saved, then make sure the checkbox is unchecked.

If however, you are on an earlier version of Xubuntu (Xfce <= 4.8), you will have to manually clean out the sessions cache by:
    1. log out
    2. Go to first tty (Ctrl+Alt+F1)
    3. login to the text console
    4. Enter the following commands:
    Code:
    cd $HOME/.cache
    rm -rf session
    5. Go back to the GUI (Ctrl+Alt+F7)
    6. Login

I've been having this problem for a few days now. I'm getting repeatedly logged out of Xubuntu.
    ...and
    I'm also noticing an error message everytime I get to the desktop that says "Invalid option: -session".
    ...may get resolved by clearing the session cache as noted above. If not, there may be some helpful information in your $HOME/.xsession-errors log file (since your X session is crashing, you'll need to look at the previous log file after you log back in). To have someone else look at it, from a terminal window, run:
    Code:
    pastebinit $HOME/.xsession-errors.old
    ...and post back the link that is generated.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: [Xubuntu] Getting logged out repeatedly

try updating xfce4-session to the version in proposed, i assume you are using xubuntu 13.04
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post