Thread: login is fubar

Hybrid View

Rebelli0us is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans

login is fubar

What is SSO and W T F is Ubuntu One ?! WHy use all this techno gibberish?
    I couldn't login to my existing account, so I created a new one. Captcha and the mystery text box below it = sick UI.
    It's just forum people, what's with all the fort knox security? If somebody wants to post with my user ID, LET THEM! I don't care. I don't keep money or secret info here.
    So I created new account instead, but it logs me in using my old UID.
    Congratulations!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: login is fubar

Please see here : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...2#post12738892
    If both emails match, on ubuntuOne and on the forums, then the two accounts are linked and you get logged in with your previous username, profile and posts. So many complain that they cannot get to this point
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Thank you. Is auto-login not working?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

You're welcome.
    As long as your browser session is logged into Ubuntu One, even if you get logged off the forums because you were idle, it will reconnect when you hit the login with sso link (without re-entering your password).
    If you start another session, for ex after a reboot or cleaning cache/cookies (I have not yet got to investigate all the possibilities), you will have to re-enter your login credentials in Ubuntu One. This is how it works for now. There are more urgent points that need to be tweaked, but admins are aware. See here for ex : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2164503
    J'aime les fraises.

| Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Thank you, I don't know what Ubuntu One is, I'm sure I don't have it.

Another problem: selected text in the forum is invisible if browser is set to ignore colors. Admins must have a fetish for color-coded code editors.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

You most certainly have a Ubuntu One account, because you can log into the forums. This is the account used in the single sign on process.
    I'm not sure I "see" your second point. Will see how to change or ignore colors in chrome (a quick look at settings was not very informative).
    J'aime les fraises.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Thank you.

There are millions of us that can’t look at bright white backgrounds for more than a few seconds, it hurts the eyes. In Firefox it’s easy to set browser to ignore page font & color. Chrome cannot do it without some plugin like “Change Colors 2.144”. In both cases, text selection in Ubuntu forum becomes impossible, the selection is there but it’s invisible.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

@Rebelious, I'm not sure what css work-around you are using, but this forum definitely doesn't have a bright white background, it was toned down shortly after we updated the look of the forum, and even moreso when we upgraded. I'd suggest giving a try without changing the colours.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Thanks cariboo907. I indeed figured out the Chrome situation and did not want to install yet another plugin. Was late last night, so I did not investigate further.

Would you bee using accessibility tools ? Other than that, please try as cariboo907 suggested.
    J'aime les fraises.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bapoumba View Post
    Thanks cariboo907. I indeed figured out the Chrome situation and did not want to install yet another plugin. Was late last night, so I did not investigate further.

Would you bee using accessibility tools ? Other than that, please try as cariboo907 suggested.
    Thank you. I don't use Chrome, I simply mentioned it because you did. In Firefox it's a straight forward checkbox setting, "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above", it gets rid of offending colors and fonts.