Thread: Silly question- how do I delete this account?

Beans

Silly question- how do I delete this account?

I was alerted that the ubuntu forums were hacked. Logging back on, it looks like I've created a new account! When what I wanted to do is delete my old account! I don't use ubuntu anymore and the hacking has woken me up to the fact I should get rid of old accounts I don't use anymore...

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Silly question- how do I delete this account?

Thread moved to the Resolution Center.
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: Silly question- how do I delete this account?

First up - users cannot delete their own accounts. Second we don't delete accounts anyway but disable them so that they cannot be logged into, and also remove personal information from the profile.

If you want your original account disabled, you will have to be able to prove you are the registrant. Quoting the email address registered to the account is enough, but I suggest if you remember that you pm it to me and I can then disable the account. After which I can disable this account.
    Ubuntu 15.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.