Thread: Dash Tweak help

Beans

Dash Tweak help

1042This is the only thing that has truly bothered me since I switched from Fedora to Ubuntu. I'm on Precise Pangolin.

You know the Dash/HUD search thing? On GNOME 3 if I press the super and type, select a program and open it, and then go back to the HUD, it has cleared out. I don't have to manually excise my last search query, much like Google is fresh every time.

How do I make the search here fresh every time? I'll edit whatever config file I need, but I have very minimal scripting skills.

Apologies if this or something similar has been asked before, I can't figure out what the magic words are to make google give me what I want.
    Last edited by pikeminnow; August 2nd, 2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: nothing further can be done

Beans

Re: Dash Tweak help

Pretty simple, you can't.
    Whether it was designed that way or was that way & left, there is no user config available.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

there would be unsettings, but remember that is beta software.

Beans

Thanks for the link to unsettings, which helped me install it, but it has no setting for making search fresh. I guess I will continue to be annoyed by this. How frustrating.