Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Move netflix-desktop window

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Beans
    9

    Move netflix-desktop window

    Hi everyone. I successfully installed netflix-desktop on my Ubuntu 13.04 machine.

    Unfortunately I don't have any window decoration (status bar, window header etc.) which means I can't move the window.
    I have two monitors and the window always pops up on my secondary screen. I would like to move it or at least to change the position of the window prior to execution.

    Does anybody have an idea where I could do that?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sunny Southend-on-Sea
    Beans
    5,422
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Move netflix-desktop window

    Alt+click-and-drag will move the window.
    None but ourselves can free our minds

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Beans
    9

    Re: Move netflix-desktop window

    Works with every window except for this one.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    EU - UK
    Beans
    3,324
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Move netflix-desktop window

    Quote Originally Posted by kons-na View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have any window decoration (status bar, window header etc.) which means I can't move the window.
    If you mean that it is in full screen mode, then I think you can press CTRL+F4 to change it to window mode.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Beans
    9

    Re: Move netflix-desktop window

    No, it is not fullscreen. it has approximately the size of the display though. The only way to close the application is a big X during browsing. Otherwise the window just embeds a wine emulated firefox with the silverlight extension.
    I tried to look through the wine-browser configs, but can't find anything that would change this behaviour. It is basically a border less window

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    EU - UK
    Beans
    3,324
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Move netflix-desktop window

    Quote Originally Posted by kons-na View Post
    No, it is not fullscreen. it has approximately the size of the display though. The only way to close the application is a big X during browsing. Otherwise the window just embeds a wine emulated firefox with the silverlight extension.
    I tried to look through the wine-browser configs, but can't find anything that would change this behaviour. It is basically a border less window
    Sorry I gave you the wrong key combo in my last post; try pressing F11 and post back whether it has made any difference.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Beans
    9

    Re: Move netflix-desktop window

    Quote Originally Posted by kostkon View Post
    Sorry I gave you the wrong key combo in my last post; try pressing F11 and post back whether it has made any difference.
    No, still doesn't work

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sunny Southend-on-Sea
    Beans
    5,422
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Move netflix-desktop window

    You can tell Wine whether it should let the window manager decorate the windows. You can either run winecfg from the prefix that you're running Netflix with, or add the decoration option to the command part of your Netflix launcher.
    None but ourselves can free our minds

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Beans
    9

    Re: Move netflix-desktop window

    The problem is that the script is not calling wine, but wine-browser, which only offers options to enable debuggin and to allow addons

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

    Re: Move netflix-desktop window

    Post the steps you used to install Netflix.


    I have followed these and have NO problems. NETFLIX ON UBUNTU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •