Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What browser do you use and why?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

What browser do you use and why?

I'm kind of curious about this, you see I use Google Chrome because of the plugins that allow me to RDC into Virtual Machines like Server 2012 and the fact that a lot of junk of mine is on Google. On the other end, I love how FF just doesn't seem to crash or be as buggy as Chrome.

How about you?
    That's the kind of society I want to build. I want a guarantee -- with physics and mathematics, not with laws -- that we can give ourselves real privacy of personal communications. - John Gilmore

Beans

Re: What browser do you use and why?

I use Firefox. It's reliable, it's friendly, and Mozilla isn't datamining everything I do online to sell my activities to third party advertisers, or anything like that.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Firefox.
    For its superb extensions, some of which, eg tab mix plus, have no equivalent in any other browser. I also love the live bookmarks, which I use a lot for RSS feeds for sites including this forum, and which also do not have similar extensions in other browsers.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyOats View Post
    I use Firefox. It's reliable, it's friendly, and Mozilla isn't datamining everything I do online to sell my activities to third party advertisers, or anything like that.
    +1 also use DuckDuckGo for my search engine.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Firefox
    best session restore and tab management
    been using firefox since version 2 when i learned there was something other than AOL and IE
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Chromium with Adblock, Speed Dial 2 and Ghostery. Also have Firefox with the same extensions JIC.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Thumbs up Re: What browser do you use and why?

Firefox, for its above average extensions and it's general wonderfulness. Startpage is my search engine.
    A friendly & helpful Linux community who has started a large cursor theme project. If you are sick of tiny cursors, go here and get one.
    http://linuxinternationals.org/forum...orum.php?f=166

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Google Chrome....love having the latest flash, built in pdf reader and the latest version through the software updater as they become available...sometimes it acts a bit finicky but i find it is generally quite lovable and has beautiful web page rendering
    Last edited by craig10x; August 2nd, 2013 at 02:29 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

The first thing I do with any new computer/laptop is install Firefox. It's a no-brainer. I then point the computer owner to the add-ons page and let them decide what extensions they would like.

I also deactivate Exploder. I've had the occasional phobe call asking how to re-activate it, but I've just told the caller that if they want me to continue to maintain their computer, then IE does NOT get activated. So, it's either my free maintenance, or it's IE and they pay for repairs.
    Why buy a 3D TV when all you need to do is step outside?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Firefox and its fabulous collection of add-ons are a life-saver. I use Adblock Edge + Ghostery + Noscript + HTTPS Everywhere for a secure internet browsing experience.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast