Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: What browser do you use and why?

prodigy_ is offline May the Ubuntu Be With You!
    Beans

Re: What browser do you use and why?

I use Firefox at home. It's open source and it works just fine so why would I want anything else?

At work I use Chrome and IE 8.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I use Firefox since I like Mozilla's mission for an open Internet. However I do have Chrome installed as a standby in the rare case where some page just refuses to work properly with Firefox, even with all extensions/plugins disabled. I've had such a situation only once, but you never know, which is why I've Chrome on hand. Other than supporting Mozilla I've no other reason to prefer one over the other. As for other browsers, haven't seriously tried anything else.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

FireFox/Iceweasel is default in all my linux distros! Its great(Everybody has covered almost all reasons for it)!

Sparingly use Chromium but never Chrome, somehow i dont take fancy towards chrome, neither in Linux nor in Win ....

Currently am also running Epiphany in Debian & Ubuntu Gnome...
    bhatta

May the Source be with you !
    Ash nazg durbatulűk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulűk, agh
    'Buntu-ishi krimpatul !

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

FF!

It's Floss.

It's extensions.

It's Documentation.
    One Psychiatrist's Definition of Insanity:"Knowing what one should do and doing differently"

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by slw210 View Post
    +1 also use DuckDuckGo for my search engine.
    +1

I use DDG for my search engine as well, however I also have Ixquick and Startpage selectable as well.
    Metal: HP dc5750 | OS: Arch Linux 32-bit | Kernel: 3.14.0-1-ARCH | 1.8GHz AMD Sempron 3400+ | 1.5GiB RAM | 80GiB HDD | DM/DE combo: LXDM + MATE.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Firefox, with a goodly amount of extensions to maintain privacy, kill unwanted scripts/redirects and all that malarkey. I did have a quick foray into Chrome/Chromium but that was short-lived, along with the Opera experiment and once upon a time, a quick dabble with IceWeasel. FF has always been there and steady enough for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Iceweasel/Firefox, NoScript, Adblock Plus, search engine: DDG => because it was my first browser and I like it (also the story behind Netscape). Chromium only for testing purpose.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Years ago it was IE and FF. But then, I think ebay's label printing service or something similar didn't work with either browser, which got me to give Chrome its chance. Been using Chrome as my primary browser ever since, occasionally switching to FF when a page won't load or something else happens.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Firefox and chromium app

Beans

Chrome. Because then I can get to my bookmarks on my Android tablet as well (which also has Chrome). I've used Chrome for quite a long time now (a couple years I think) and really like it. Also I can set up some sites like a cloud storage site and a couple games I use in Chrome and have them open up as if it's a stand-alone application.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast