Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What browser do you use and why?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: What browser do you use and why?

Interesting! Lots of FF users out there.I'm starting to have a weird issue with Chrome just freezing for a good 8 seconds while scrolling on a page, so I was back to FF again and the only thing I need to find is an extension that lets me RDP into windoze boxes.

Honestly, I thought I would see more Chromium users... Thanks for the replies guys!
    That's the kind of society I want to build. I want a guarantee -- with physics and mathematics, not with laws -- that we can give ourselves real privacy of personal communications. - John Gilmore

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I've been using Netscape/Firefox since I guess Windows 3.X. I knew even back then that I.E. had ........ 'issues'. I use chromium for a couple sites that don't work properly with any ad or script blockers but wouldn't voluntarily use it as default, just doesn't 'feel right'. I don't see any speed difference between Firefox & Chromium.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Firefox and Iron at the moment . Firefox is default and I like experiment with different secondary browsers. Both have good extension options and play video equally well. The new Opera 15/Next Chromium based browser is nice and definitely not a Chromium/Chrome clone, but there are no Linux builds yet.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combination.

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

I use several. Mostly Chrome, loaded with extensions, Firefox to debug things, with a little less extensions, Opera almost naked (only AdBlok) and I also use Safari on the macs. Sync stuff with google for Chrome, xmark for Firefox and iCloud for Safari as I work with 3 different machines on a daily basis, plus tablet and phone.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |

Beans

Firefox becuase of its extensions, great tab management and multimedia plugins (many multimedia formats don't work on Chrome for Linux), but also because Mozilla is the greatest champion of open web standard, it is a flagship open source project.

I keep Chrome around just for the odd occasions that I need up to date flash, but I have almsot never encounter such a situation (just once as far as I can remember) On my Fedora partition I do not install system flash and only use greasemonkey scripts in Firefox to access common flash sites like Youtube, Vimeo etc so there I use Chrome a bit more often.
    Last edited by monkeybrain20122; August 2nd, 2013 at 10:22 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Firefox because Firefox
    "I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee." --Flash Rosenberg
    formerly 'known' as Euroman

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Firefox because its the swiss army knife of browsers.
    zealibib slaughter is a dwarven paladin of ill temperment played by a fat man of jolly temperment.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by bapoumba View Post
    I use several. Mostly Chrome, loaded with extensions, Firefox to debug things, with a little less extensions, Opera almost naked (only AdBlok) and I also use Safari on the macs. Sync stuff with google for Chrome, xmark for Firefox and iCloud for Safari as I work with 3 different machines on a daily basis, plus tablet and phone.

Xmark for Firefox? Does it perform a similar role that Google's syncing does such as book marks and stuff?
    That's the kind of society I want to build. I want a guarantee -- with physics and mathematics, not with laws -- that we can give ourselves real privacy of personal communications. - John Gilmore

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxus View Post
    Xmark for Firefox? Does it perform a similar role that Google's syncing does such as book marks and stuff?
    Yes it does. I want them separated. I could use profiles, I know, easier to have several browsers with several configs (bookmarks included).
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by bapoumba View Post
    Yes it does. I want them separated. I could use profiles, I know, easier to have several browsers with several configs (bookmarks included).

Cool! Thanks for the info I'm going to try that out since I'm kinda similar with separate profiles for work/personal.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast